UWATEC Aladin Air Z Nitrox Battery Life?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scott11

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I Have 150 dives on my Aladin air Z Nitrox and battery life is at 78%. Will be diving every day or so where I live so I expect that by the time my vacation rolls around the battery level will be much lower. The last thing I want is it to die on my vacation.

At what point should I be sending it in for replacement of batteries?

Also I assume the battery percentage is for the wrist computer and not the transmitter. Is this true?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

scott11:
I Have 150 dives on my Aladin air Z Nitrox and battery life is at 78%. Will be diving every day or so where I live so I expect that by the time my vacation rolls around the battery level will be much lower. The last thing I want is it to die on my vacation.

At what point should I be sending it in for replacement of batteries?

My Air X died at about 45% battery life. Unless you're planning on another 150 dives in the next couple of weeks you should be fine.

scott11:
Also I assume the battery percentage is for the wrist computer and not the transmitter. Is this true?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Yes, separate battery in the transmitter. If that goes you just have to dive without air integration - but you have a pressure gauge as well, don't you?

I've got over 400 dives in cold water (32-40 degrees) on mine and am still at 76%??? Are you leaving it in the sink overnight to soak? That could be running the battery down since it will stay on until it dries.

Dave

I have ordered an SPG for the trip just in case the transmitter goes out on the trip.

Akscubainst you bring up a very good point. I do not soak it in the sink but I have stored it in the padded case that comes with it when it's wet after the dive. and it is on many times when I pull it out. I wont be doing this in the future.

Thanks

Frequent downloading of the computer will shorten the battery life considerably.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom