Which Computer to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2divedeep

Reaction score
If this is already posted, please direct me to the right place.

I am in the process of buying a computer. The following are my final choices:

1. Suunto Cobra
2. Sherwood Wisdom
3. Uwatec Smart Com

(also want a compass and quick dis-connect).

If you own, have knowledge of pros/cons, please respond. I want a computer that will grow with my experiences. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2divedeep

2divedeep:
If this is already posted, please direct me to the right place.

I am in the process of buying a computer. The following are my final choices:

1. Suunto Cobra
2. Sherwood Wisdom
3. Uwatec Smart Com

(also want a compass and quick dis-connect).

If you own, have knowledge of pros/cons, please respond. I want a computer that will grow with my experiences. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2divedeep

How about
4. non of the above.

If you want a computer that can grow with your diving, and experience, one that is fully upgradable from Air --> Trimix CCR.

Then get somthing decent like a VR3.

Cheers
Chris

I own a cobra and a smartcom and like them both. The smartcom doesn't require reading the manual in order to operate fully. But they're both great computers.

Not everyone wants to do trimix. :)

I have the Cobra with the compass and quick-disconnect. I like it, easy to operate, can download the info from it. I like to get my dives done for the day, and then just get the info off of the computer and do my log book at night. Unfortunately, I am unable to compare it to your other choices, but I do like mine.

The Cobra would be my choice but I am partial to Suunto. They are more conservitive though. My computers Cobra and Stinger will yell at me before others that my buddies have used.

I have over 100 dives on it and nothing but great things to say about it. Easy to use and lots of features. They say its liberal SO BE IT, I want a dive computer to advise me not a mother, ALWAYS use you brains when diving. Thats my 2 cents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom