Citizen Dive Watches Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the Hyper Aqualand because it can download to a PC. It also gives you your average depth for a dive so that one can compute the SAC for the dive.

I have 40 dives on a hyper aqualand and have zero complaints about the watch. It works great.

Matt

Ditto the Hyper Aqua. Love it. Only minor complaints are

1. the PC interface requires a serial cable which was a tad hard to find, even at your friendly neighborhood Fry's.

2. Mine seems to only want to download whatever dive is currently visible on the watch screen, so I have to toggle between dives on the watch to download them one at a time. But maybe that's by design (?)

3. The light doesn't. Provide much light, that is. On night/deep/low-vis dives I found myself having to use my flashlight to see the screen.

I have the Cyber Aqualand NX Promaster, MG1010. My only complaint is
the backlighting. Otherwise I LOVE this computer. Unit will download by
IRDA port or USB cable. Full air/nitrox capabilities.

I have the stainless hyper aqualand and love it. It is my everyday watch as well as depth and bottom time back up to my computer. My only complaint is the ultra sensitive ascent alarm, it will go off if i just raise my hand. Very easy to download dive data.

Do you know many stores that carry this watch so I could actually test it out on my wrist ?

uberspeed:
I have a more basic Citizen. It just tells you depth apart from time

and date, but I think it's great and have had it for quite a few years now, around 4 I'd say. Citizen Eco-Drive. I love the fact that it doesn't really need batteries either, the face is a solar panel for it.

uberspeed:
I have a more basic Citizen. It just tells you depth apart from time and date.
I have a eally basic citizen dive watch that just tells time and date and has a one way rotating bezel and a screw down crown. Really simple, still easily portable and can be worn equally well on a dive or in the office without looking too big. It's also water resistant to 200 meters.

Ah yes DA, I also have the rotating bezel and the screw down crown. :crafty:

Chris, it can be found here: http://shop.diversdirect.com/item/Citizen Eco-Drive Aqualand SS Watch_ID16540 . Do a google search and shop around. I bought mine for less than $150 online, if I recall correctly. It may look as if it scratches easily, but I have yet to scratch mine, granted I don't use it that often. The rubber(?) replacement bands are around $30 and the tables that are printed on them fade away quite quickly, but they sure are sturdy. As with anything, YMMV.
Hope this helps.

ItemLrgPic2A16540.jpg

Back
Top Bottom