Mares MC1-rgbm - Iris & NITROX ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DI_Guy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all:

I have a Mares MC1-rgbm and and IRIS infrared interface to my PC. All worked fine for a year or so and then I got communication error. RUN-TIME ERROR 6 "OVERFLOW"

All this seemed to happen when I started to dive NITROX and switched modes on my dive computer to NITROX.

The dive computer works fine by itself but now it can't transfer the data via the IRIS. The RUN-TIME ERROR 6 "OVERFLOW" is a data base error ( I think ) and I am beginning to think that the IRIS software V2.2.2 cannot handle the NITROX data.

To prove my theory I downloaded all the dives from another dive computer that has never been used for NITROX and the download worked OK. This proves my IRIS, the serial cable, the IRIS software and my PC are all working fine. Its the NITROX addition that has me concerned. I cannot dump the NITROX dives from my computer to prove my theory.

Has anyone else used a Mares M1-rgbm with an IRIS (with v2.2.2 sw ) and downloaded a NITROX dive ?

BTW: I am using Windows XP Home and Windows XP Professional

I wish I could ask MARES about this one ?

Comments would be appreciated.

DI_Guy

Yikes.... no responses to this one... Alas I am the only one in the world with this set up .... ;-)

DI-Guy

DI_Guy:
Yikes.... no responses to this one... Alas I am the only one in the world with this set up .... ;-)

DI-Guy

I've got a Dacor Air and was hoping to learn how to use an interface so I'm just a newbie. However, why not try posting this on the Q&A to Manufacturers section. The other alternative is to call Mares/Dacor directly. I've beeen able to get through technical support before.

DiveGolfSki:
I've got a Dacor Air and was hoping to learn how to use an interface so I'm just a newbie. However, why not try posting this on the Q&A to Manufacturers section. The other alternative is to call Mares/Dacor directly. I've beeen able to get through technical support before.

I think I am becoming a "resident expert" on the Mares IRIS (lol)

How did you get through to "tech support" at MARES ? If you have an email or telephone # for them, I'd appreciate having it . Could you send me a PM with any contact info that may have for them ?

I think I may have stumbled upon a BUG in their software.

I'll try the manufacturers section on the board too.

Thanks

DI_Guy

DI_Guy:
I think I am becoming a "resident expert" on the Mares IRIS (lol)

How did you get through to "tech support" at MARES ? If you have an email or telephone # for them, I'd appreciate having it . Could you send me a PM with any contact info that may have for them ?

I think I may have stumbled upon a BUG in their software.

I'll try the manufacturers section on the board too.

Thanks

DI_Guy

I got through by dialing the general number for both Dacor and Mares is 203-852-7079 (in CT) then Hit "0" after the recording to get a live person.

Better yet, the tech person there (it's actually HEAD USA) is Dave Ente his number is 800-432-3872 x224. He travels a lot between the US and Italy so you just have to keep on trying. He does eventually answer his voicemail.

Good luck. Post the results if you can.

Back
Top Bottom