Bubblemakers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MODIVER

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Yesterday I took two of my grandsons through the PADI Bubblemaker program. It's like a Discover Scuba for 8 and 9 year olds. I don't know who had more fun, the two boys or me. While I know they are too young to teach diving, I think this program plants a seed to encourage future divers.
Seeing the look of pure excitement on their faces when they could breathe underwater makes it all worth while.
:thumb: :thumb:

MODIVER,

I think that is very cool of you to do! I remember how I was introduced at a very early age myself and I am so very thankful I was. I also believe that it instills a considerable amount of confidence within a person to have them introduced at a much earlier age.

Not to mention just how popular that has got to make them in school during "Show-n-Tell" days ... hehe ... They will be the "cool kids with the Scuba Grandma" ... heheh

=-)

MODIVER,

I have a young nephew that I have been thinking about doing this for too, what did it cost and how many classes was it or what all was involved?

Funny story... sad but funny: I was at PADI headquarters with a fellow instructor friend when they announced the introduction of the bubblemaker program. They gave us promotional towels, sticker's and cert cards relating to the program. Well we thought it would be cool to certify one another as bubblemakers and then present the card's to unsuspecting divemasters on boat trips... LOL! Never followed through with it though. But, you have to admit, it would have been hilarious to see the look of confusion on the DM's face!

Mario :D

I have a 10 year old who regularly hangs out while I teach pool classes. He is very good in the water and has mastered most skills to near Instr level proficiency. When he gets a little cold from hanging out with the class he and the DM will swim around a bit. I'am still a little hesitant to take him to the open water, based on the eqpt required (dry suit ect) but I'am not sure I can hold him off much longer!

Mario S(ister) Caner,
You are truly a sick individual and need mental help. Maybe we can get KN to start a forum like "Scuba Sycho" or something like that, just for peopele like you.

Some of the DMs on boats I've been on wouldn't even bat an eye.

BTW, got a new wet suit the other day, gold lamay, now I look like a giant Rapala lure in the water.

Mad Dog

OMG Ma(Don)na, how did you find me here? This is the kiddy section... LOL!

Remora, which agency(s) do you teach for? No worries, the way training agencies are jumping on the bandwagon with the minimum age to dive thing, all bases will be covered soon enough. As a parent and dive professional no one would know better than you as to whether he's ready or not. You should post some pictures of you two, it'll be cool!

Mario

I'am PADI,IANTD,TDI affiliated. I know the RSTC guidelines have changed, and the mainstream agencies are following suite. I see no problem with the lil guy bombing around in the pool, but still have reservations about the ocean due to the lack of data on the long term effects of pressure on children. I understand that @ 10' there could still be problems, but in my mind they are minimal.

Remora,
I certainly understand your concerns. I too have to admit that I couldn't take that chance either. I'm sure that he will understand that you Love him and will always act in his best interest. When it is time for him to earn his cert card, he'll already be there. Besides who else in his school gets to play like that?

Back
Top Bottom