Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
  • Major Update to ScubaBoard - Phase 1 Complete

Phase 1 of the Upgrade is complete.

The database is now on the new version of vBulletin, and the look is different. I realize this will cause stress for some people, but there's no going back to the old look. It's gone.

There is a lot more to do with this... so everyone have patience. Do NOT post 15 threads in site support, as it will only cause unnecessary aggravation (mostly on my part) and honestly, I'm not going to jump to fix someone's missing avatar, or favorite smiley right now.

Things will be different for a few days, while we settle into this update. Our site is HUGE by vbulletin standards, and I don't want to put too much stuff in at once.

Again... Please go easy on the bug reports. I know there are issues to be worked out. We are making every effort to accommodate all of these issues in as timely a fashion as possible.

We at ScubaBoard appreciate everyone's patience, and good nature toward these new site enhancements which will ultimately enhance your overall ScubaBoard experience!

Thanks.
    Comments 41 Comments
      divermike1011 -
      Thanks for all the hard work you do!
      mrfixitchapman -
      I've thought it over. I believe that I will remain patient and open-minded. This thing must have thousands of moving parts, and it'll take a while to make it run well.

DC
      couv -
      Ditto what DiverMike said....thanks.
      AbyssalPlains -
      Thank you for all your efforts in improving the site! Will this overhaul make SB compatible with the mobile app Forum Runner? Last time I checked SB wasn't listed.
      Lee Taylor -
      Been using Scubaboard for many years.

Like the changes, BUT

On the recent posts page, the "started by" underneath the "topic" makes the topics much more difficult to read. Hard on the eyes in comparison to the previous format.
      ScubaSteve2000 -
      Nothing is where it is in my mom's Nash! (Radar O'Riley) But I'll be patient. Learn the new ways. Where the hell is the PM?
      ScubaSteve2000 -
      Found it! The new look is cool!
      JoyfulLee -
      I know that the site overhaul is a lot of work. And I just want to say thank you for all the time and efforts invested in this. Fabulous upgrades! Kudos to everyone involved.
      Bhtmec2 -
      The new look is OK BUT...... I have a slow internet connection and I am having a real slow browsing experience with the new upgrade. It is streaming way too much to browse in an normal way with the connections we have on the island.....

I am patient and will hope it gets better........ If not it will reduce my capability to use the board....:popcorn: Plus my Avatar does not work.......
      papanano -
      I like the new site BUT all my trader feedback is gone and the countdown timer in my signature no longer works. trust me I know how much work it takes to make the changes that have been made so I'm hopeing that phase two comes quickly and addresses these issues.
      bleeb -
      Quote Originally Posted by papanano View Post
      I like the new site BUT all my trader feedback is gone and the countdown timer in my signature no longer works. trust me I know how much work it takes to make the changes that have been made so I'm hopeing that phase two comes quickly and addresses these issues.
      To save Howard and Co from having to answer this again, the countdown timer is no longer supported in the latest version of the forum software, and unless someone can come up with an add-on that actually works it won't be coming back. (I think I heard several have been tried.)
      mikecotrone -
      Great job guys! This new version of vbulletin is great! I do like that they are utilizing PHP!
      papanano -
      bleeb, do you know anything about the feedback or is it gone forever?
      dumpsterDiver -
      Each thread on my computer takes a whole page. I can't really use the site like this. Can someone PM me a way to fix my settings or something???? PLEASE???
      gehadoski -
      Everything new is hard at first, but I hope this change is done for an improvment and not just changing in the design in the layout of the website. I will be patient and see what will happen :popcorn:
      Cratos -
      keep up th good work I know what a PITA redong a site can be
      cathi1 -
      I am just learning the site and still confused. I am trying to just find my way around so this is sort of a test post to see if my picture will show up
      drbill -
      As a Grumpy Old Diver, it is often difficult for me to adjust to new things and have to learn new tricks. However, I appreciate all the effort that the staff puts into keeping ScubaBoard functioning. I just hope I learn the new tricks before the next update (tee hee).
      eponym -
      Congratulations on the port. Seems to be working fine.

After eight years on SB the visual changes were intially a shock but the content and core functions are still the same. I've adapted faster than I would have thought I could. In another week it'll be water under the bridge / air out of the reg.
      Jim Lapenta -
      I still need my mobile version back. I had a lot of business over the weekend that was harder than necessary to conduct because my blackberry is too slow for the full version.
  • Sponsored by:

• Recent Blog Posts:

peterbucknell

Open Day Video at Dutch Springs... unbelievable visibility

Dutch Springs opening day

peterbucknell April 16th, 2014 07:13 PM
    clofty

Anyone interested in diving the Philippines?

check out Ona experience from their link in the Phillipine Paradise Divers Forum.

clofty April 8th, 2014 07:20 AM