Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laurel

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, after looking through all the messages on this board I am extremely confident that many of you will be able to offer advice. When I started diving I chose to purchase quality, but basic equipment in order to ensure this was not a passing fancy. (Well, I did spend bucks on a regulator since it provides my air!). Overall I have been very happy with my equipment and it doesn't even bother me that my colors don't match; however, I would really like to upgrade my fins. I do not feel the need to swim faster, just want something more efficient. Please let me know your suggestions. Thanks. laurel

Hi Laurel, I have about 5 different pairs of fins and just recently purchased a pair of scuba pro split fins and have dove them about 10 time now. So far I have noticed less effort and more efficency over anything I have owned. The only thing I dont like about them is they seem less efficent when I am on the surface on my back. I bought the black fins as they are negative bouyant, which I prefer. They also come in a slightly positive bouyant model. They are a bit pricey but if they last as long as my scuba pro jest have then I will be way ahead of the game.

Laurel,

I agree, split fins are the way to go. I've been diving for a long time and these fins are truly an innovation. If you tend to fin with a bent leg, they are great.

Laurel,
Check out the thread labels split fins. It should help you out quite a bit. In the end the fins you should choose will vary depending on how strong you are, where you dive and what type of kick you have.

Mario :cool:

Yah, I like them too.

Mares Avanti Quattro's :thumb:

Ditto the Quattros

Some loves those split fins, some hate them. I believe it is simply subjective.

If you do have powerful legs, check out those hard rubber fins such as Scubapro Jet Fin.

I dove a pair of Gorilla's for years and recently switched to black Twin Speeds. So far I can't tell much difference but don't like the length. The Gorillas have good thrust and are compact so I don't have to worry about hitting things. The Twin Speeds are long and I find myself worrying about what I might hit. The other bummer is they don't fit in the fin pouches on my travel bag due to the length and I don't want to bend them by putting them inside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom