Scuba Park & DM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive2Live

Reaction score
Hi All!

I haven't been boat diving on Lake Travis but we dive @ Scuba Park which is owned by Don B. It's a good place to dive. My B-F is an Instructor so we mostly take classes down there. I'm not sure if anyone else dives there for fun. It's a great place to dive. Don B. is pretty strict when it comes to his rules but as long as you follow them you should be alright!

As for why I decided to become a DM ... I met my B-F not long ago and this is his passion. So I decided to take the Open Water Course to beable to join him and of course ... I loved it! I then decided to take Advanced ... Medic ... Rescue and a couple of Specs. When I decided to do DM ... we thought it would be a great couple thing to do. I really enjoy working w/new divers ... just to see the awe on their faces is what makes it worthy.

Thanks for all the questions anymore just let me know!

Leah

It's always nice to hear of a dive master or instructor who really enjoys helping the newbies. This is the only way the sport of diving will continue. Newbies need all the help they can get to become comfortable and safe underwater.

Good Luck,
Jennifer
http://www.MichiganShipwrecks.com

We gotcha now, for sure! :D

I think the "helping people get into the sport" is a prime reason why many of us become dive professionals. There is something so *satisfying* about seeing the smile & wonderment on someone's face when they take their first breath underwater. Or the glow when they get certified... no matter WHAT the cert level.

As you may well have seen, there aren't very many female professionals in the sport. So I hope that one day you decide to go on to Instructor, because you certainly seem to have "the spark".

Dive Long & Prosper

~SubMariner~

Just to say - I'm new to this so pls bear with me!!!
My boyfriend is also a highly qualified instructor and next level is Course Director.
He trained me before we were going out up to Rescue Diver and my original plan was to continue up to Dive Master.
After my course with him, and after I passed I was really pleased and didnt want to stop but I have because I am not confident enough to carry on.
My b-friend told me what I would need to do for my course and it made me wet myself on the spot.
Is it really as hard as he made out??????
I want to get the feeling of introducing someone to the wonders of diving and see the look on their face when the complete their Open Water etc, but to do that I need to do my Dive Master - should I go for it????

-x-abby-x-

I am continuing through the scuba courses and signed
up for open and then rescue, but as I read your remarks
I got a little scared to go beyond that, can you please
be more specific as to what your boyfriend told you
about moving onward and upward in the field of scuba
studies? I am holding my breath, a no no for sure.
Waiting to hear this. Cher

If you want to progress to divemaster and beyond, there are certainly mental and physical challenges, but both are simply a matter of preparation. You'll have guidance and study time for your academics. And the physical requirements may be strenuous but aren't beyond your ability, especially with a little bit of practice in the pool.

I think the secret to any of the advanced training is to become comfortable and confident at your last level of traing before moving on. For example, if you just finished your Rescue class, practice what you learned. Underwater navigation is one of the skills you'll need on every dive. Get good at it!

When you, and only you, feel confident to move forward, then do so. You'll know when you're ready.

Divemastering for classes is one of the most rewarding things I do. And being a woman has it's advantages, too!

Good Luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom