"The Last Dive"...anyone else read it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beachman

Reaction score
I know this book is probably very controversial...but WOW..it must make everyone think!

If you got more than a few dives, you must know someone (or two) who you identify with in the book. And you have to wonder when you've had a thought or two yourself exactly like one or two thoughts expressed in the book.

For some reason I feel this should be required reading for divers, but I'm not exactly sure when or where. Maybe AOW, or maybe DM, not OW for sure, maybe instructors?

One thing is for sure to me, it makes you think...really hard.

Anyone else have an opinion?

DSAO

Agree with Beachman, its a definte Must Read.
the author is Bernie Chowdhury, publisher HarperCollins ISBN 0-06-019462-6. Amazon has them but I picked up a used copy on half.com might save some bucks there.

Mike

Y'all got to the board for Walter before I did....guess Sunday morning and church came first for me today.

I got my copy from a guy on another board from Texas. I think the book retails in hard cover for $25 or so. I paid him $15 and he paid postage. I believe you can get the book at discount stores for about $15 or so.

I figured I got a deal because I didn't have to shop around. He got a deal 'cause he got about $12 back after postage. I'd offer the book to others except that I sent it to my son. Maybe he'll offer it up for $10 because it was FREE for him.

On the other hand, he may decide to put it in his library as one h*## of a read the second time!

DSAO

Now I know what to get the BF for Christmas! And I'll just have to borrow it from him.
Dive safe! Case

Hi, Beachman. It was me that sold you the book and I bees from MS, not Texas.:) WOW! It must have got your undivided attention for you to read it that fast. Took me a little over a week. Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.

BTW, I finaaly got your check one day last week, Monday I think.

The Commonwealth of Virginia expresses its sincere apology to the Great State of Mississippi for the oversight. (Boy, have I been watching too much election coverage on TV or what?)

I guess maybe I've had Texas on my mind lately since I locked in a Flower Gardens trip for next August.

Believe me, no slight intended!

Excellent book, in my opinion. Great for divers, but I think it'd be a very interesting read for just about anyone.

Hard to put down once you start...

Back
Top Bottom