New to board!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsudiver

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I am new to this message board as well as diving. My plans in diving are to get speciality training in wreck and rescue diving (and all esencials to obtain these) and apply them as a Deep Submergence Diver for the United States Navy.
I would like to message with people who can help me out with any questions i may have as well as talk about dive trips ect.. thank you.. feel free to message me whenever you want..

-DSU DIVER

Welcome to the Board and the wonderful underwater world!

Your plans for Rescue training and eventually more specialties is a good one. I'm sure when you get to the Navy, they'll have their own way of training you for the jobs they will need you for!

DSAO
Dee

Hi Dsudiver,

Welcome to Scuba Board and Scuba Diving! Feel free to post your questions to the board anytime you would like. We have a great bunch of divers with a wide range of experience, even some Navy divers, so whatever you are looking for, somebody here can probably help you out.

Cheers,

First of all welcome to the board, you're amongst friends now...

Second, my roomate was stationed at DSU at North Island in San Diego. Are there any specific questions you have or are you just looking for some basic info?

Mario :)

Mario,

I am looking for some basic information on DSU. What did your roomate do with DSU?

- dsudiver

Just talked to my roomate, and he's telling me that the three of the search and rescue vehicles are actually gone. They have been sold to outside contractors. Pretty much only the building and some smaller craft is there... so therefore we're really not sure what the diving unit is doing these days... I would assume that since the laeger hardware is gone, so is most of their budget :(

If you intend on becoming a Navy diver, make sure you do your homework. don't trust a recruiter and make sure you talk to plenty of people before you sign the dotted line. I was where you're headed and I can honestly say that it's not for everybody. Visit the command that closest to you, find out where the guys drink, and offer to buy them some drinks... that should help make up your mind.

And remember the acronym for NAVY (Never Again Volunteer Yourself) :wink:

Mario

dsudiver,

Well I may have broken the rules and Volunteered myself (although not for the US Cracker Jacks Society, hehe) my respect for them remains the same. You may want to point some specific questions towards the "equipment" forum as the moderator there is and has been for 20 or so years a Navy Sat Diver, aka, Naval Test Rat (human guinea pig).

Btw, please use the public forums for the majority of all your posts, and not just use the private msg'ing part of the forum. Questions and their answers benefit all of us and chances are, you are not the only one that would be interested in the answers.

=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom