Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdoll

Reaction score
Im going to Cayman alone on Jan 18th. Is anyone familiar
with Cayman Beach Club Colony and the dive operation there?
How is it?
Barb

diverdoll,

What happened that you have to go at it alone? I wouldn't think it's that hard to twist someones arm enough to go along, hehe.

=-)

I live on the island so I can give you a little info on Beach Club. It's located right smack in the middle of 7 Mile Beach so the location is great for the beach and it's close to all the restaurants and shops. The rooms aren't the Ritz but if you're coming down for diving and sun and don't want posh accommodations then you'll be happy. I work for another dive operation so I've never been out with them diving but I can tell you that they dive off of a comfortable looking flat bottom boat although I don't think they have a limit on how many divers they take out at a time. I believe they dive the West and North sides of the island depending on the weather.
Have a great time on the island! I loved it so much that I stayed! If you have any questions, diving or non-diving related, just ask away! I'm always ready and willing to brag about "my" island!
Happy New Year! Case

Thanks Caymancase for the good ifo. And Warhammer, its
really cool to work for a company who gives free trips to
wherever I wanna go! :) Im looking forward to it. Hopefully
I can get rid of this walking pnumonia before I go. Id be a
pretty unhappy camper if I finally get to Cayman and cant dive...Happy New Year everyone!
Barb

Sometimes ya just gotta say "that's it! I'm gonna do it!"
Glad I could help, Diverdoll! I'll email you with some info on good restaurants and sites to see. And I won't be so bold as to promote my dive op ( uhum...) but I'd LOVE to take you diving!
Hope you feel better soon! Don't want you to be stuck topside for your trip... that would be a real bummer!
Happy New Years everyone! Case

caymancase.....I've almost made the bold move several times, including last year. Just can't seem to bring myself to let go of the security. If i could land a good paying job on a tropical island, just about any tropical island, I'd do it in a heartbeat. My wife is willing and aggs it on. Truth is the longer we stay, the deeper we get and harder it will be to let go. We're seriously considering it right now, since we're almost at a milestone in our lives. We'll shortly be debt free(except the morgage) and don't have any kids. So who knows, we may just do it. That's one reason my wife really wants to take the trip to Hawaii this summer, so we can scout it out. If only I could get fired from my job. Damn, I didn't say that, who said that.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom