HOW MAD ARE YOU !?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

King_Neptune

Founder
Reaction score
Heya Peeps, Question for ya ...

Am I the only one or do you all notice a surge of "Scuba Related Spam" on the web too?

There are times I have thought about adding another section to these forums to allow people to post the scuba related spams they have gotten in hopes that if enough sites and enough divers voice their distaste for this garbage email that maybe, just maybe, dive sites will think twice before doing it...

I see pro's and con's to this but the "Pro's" are starting to pile up... If you will, care to share with me your thoughts. I don't want a debate on it, I just want to know what your opinions are...

I will start the list off with a couple I think about, if you will, post for me your pro's and con's ...

1) Pro - Maybe sites will think twice about spamming if they know they will be exposed for what they are doing ...

2) Con - The SSN was created to IMPROVE the diving industry and to stand head and sholders above the rest, is this stooping to their level?

3) Con - Would others, such as yourself, think that this would be causing discord within the Industry and fellow divers or ...

4) Pro - Would this be a positive way to slow the dishonesty and sleeeezy business practice within the Industry and actually protect fellow divers by providing a place to warn them...

I have others myself but If you have any thoughts I would love to hear them ...

=-)

:royal:, I'm with the 'off with their heads' approach. Receiving junk mail is bad, but junk e-mail ticks me off even more. Though my traffic isn't as high as your's I still receive between 50-75 email's on a daily basis. I'll start keeping track of the junk, in case you decide to take action against them.

Mario :D

KN,
If I want spam, I'll go to the store, don't need or want it in in my mail, on my board or on the web. Off with their heads & feed their torsos to the dogs.

Sorry, didn't mean to beat around the bush.

This I don't wanna see.

Your loyal servant
Don

What I hate is the JUNK spam I received during the wee hours when many people that work for a living are asleep. Did you ever notice that usually the "remove" address isn't legit? Late night spammers are bottom dwellers.....they are less than human!
Norm

No Spam fo me.

I agree, a mob should be formed and said offensive persons should be hunted down like the dogs that they are! Once caught they should be made to sit for hours on end and read nothing but spam.

IMHO

hehe, well I can obviously see how much in love everyone is with SPAM but I was wondering if anyone had any "less emotional" input on their thoughts of "Should the Diving Industry Regulate itsself" or do many feel that "well enough should be left alone"?

$0.02 anyone?

=-)

KN,

I think I know where you are heading with this and my answer may not jive with others, I personally would love to see some negative fallout for those that resort to such shaddy practices!

Military Diver,
I agree 100%, in fact I said so a few days ago... but the post seams to have gone astray... gotta hate when they do that!

Mario :D

I say we launch nuk'lar missiles at any dive shops lobbing spam in my direction, recreational diving is really joined at the hip like a siamese twin with travel, and excessive (obnoxious) marketing methods must be eradicated from the planet zeN|| :mean:

While I agree that exposing these people is a good idea, I don't think SB would be the best place for it....I mean what is going to stop them from sending it eve if we talk about all of them here?

This is a place people come to learn about diving and enjoy talking about it....I don't want to read about what spam someone else got. Set-up a filter and weed the crap out.

BTW, I have yet to receive one piece of SCUBA spam on any of my e-mail accounts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom