Loloata PNG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maggie

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone been to Loloata Island PNG? If you have can you tell me what your thoughts were in comparison to other destinations in the area.

I stayed at Tufi last April and had a wonderful time. My impression of Loloata is that I would need to get a lot of information about the range of dive sites they see if you are thinking about staying there for day trips. I have come accross a few positive comments about the area further away from Loloata (Eastern or Western Fields I believe) but my impression is it would not be done on day trips. There is a post on the RSD chat board from a guy who stayed at Loloata briefly to start out on a liveaboard and I found his overall view of PNG to be somewhat fussy and unrealistic when you consider this is a 3rd world deal. I am starting to plan a return trip and am looking at including Kavieng this time. Aside from walking around Port Moresby alone at night, security issues about PNG as a whole are vasty overstated. PNG diving is marvelous. Enjoy.

Yes I have been in Loloata in 1997 and 2000. It was just a 2 days stop before going on a liveaboard and I think it is a very good place for 3 to 5 days of diving. Visibility is someime not the best near Port Moresby but the diving can be great and very deversify. Go yhere without any doubt, you will like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom