where to dry the equiptment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there another product on the market that is portable I can take on a beach dive that I can hang my equiptment to allow it to dry inbetween dives and before I go home?? I watched several Divemasters and other divers laying their suits on rocks and sides of vehicles. thought to myself there has to be a better way? I went to the local hardware store and for the low sum of 27$ US bought and built a hanger for my wetsuit, boots, fins and BC. I can assemble and dissasemble it in about 30 seconds and my eight year old son can hang from the top of it. fits in a 12x12x36 inch duffle bag. I mean I think it is great and want to share it with everyone. how to I get this idea/product out there? is the a need?? being a new diver I think so..

FK,

It is possible that I am on my own here but I personally have worked at and bought every little gizmo for anything that allows me to lighten my load to and from the water when on shore dives. I usually do not strip completely out of my wet suit between dives either. WAY too much work, hehe.

Most of the people I have been diving with don't either, unless the between dive prelude is well over a hour, and even then it is usually just one or two of them. I REALLY hate trying to get back into the suit the second time.

But like I said, this very well may just be me. Maybe as some of the others post we will find out...

=-)

I normally don't take my suit off between dives for the same reason King said. (Too much work). After I'm through for the day I put it all in the bag wet and wash it up at home or the hotel and hang it up there.

Fishkiller,
Having just come back from DEMA I can tell you that there is several companies that have products that are in way shape or form similar to what you have. The key to the whole concept though is that they do not rely upon that product alone to put bread on the table. But, for future reference, DEMA is the place you want to showcase your product.

FishKiller,
That is a great Idea. I often have 1-2 hours SI after a dive, especially when with the Family. That would be a great product to have. If you are willing to impart your construction wisdom on us please post the directions and requirements to assemble this engineering wonder!
Thank
SCUBA COYOTE

Like King Neptune and Jennifer I usually do not remove my suit between dives. As Jennifer said, just too much work.

On the occasion where we're doing two shore dives (different locations) the group I go with tend to dry off a bit at the first site put a thick blanket on my car seat, drive down the highway and continue to have fun diving.

At the most, I'll peel down the top of my wetsuit during SI's but the suit doesn't completely off untill diving is over for the day. Then all neoprene goes into a big rubbermade tub to be washed/rinsed at home.

There was a fellow that used to dive with us who was paranoid about his gear touching the ground at all. He built a contraption out of pvc pipe that fit into the holes in the bed of his truck and would hang all his gear from it. He totally stripped down after every dive...he was always the one doing the most griping about the temps and always the last back in the water.

Back
Top Bottom