R190 or R380?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apples and Oranges Really. The short answer would be R380.

You'll find the R190 mated with the Mk2 Plus 1st stage in many rental inventories. Which symbolizes durability, low cost and easy maintenance.

The R380 is the next step up in the chain. Many times the R380 is matched/mated to the Mk 16 or Mk 18.

As always get the best you can without having to apply for a loan from the bank.

Either one is sold as a primary or an octo, though I think the color is about the only difference.

I thought the only real diff between the 380 or 190 was the anti-set feature, which is available only on the 190.

My .02 is save a couple of $$ and use the 190 as the octo. Follow Mario's advice on the primary, and spend as much as you can afford on a quality primary rig.

I have a R190 as a backup and it works great.. Its mated with a Mk2

Then flip about $40.00 back into your wallet & go with the R190. Same guts & performance in a different size package.

Right, all you gain with the R380 is a smaller package, and personally, I'd rather have the R190 with it's large diaphragm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom