diving in brazil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtailor

Reaction score
hi there.

i´m new to scuba diving and am currently travelling round south america. i would like to do an open water padi course
in brazil, preferably somewhere south of rio. Does anyone have any advice on good dive operators in that reason. any help would be really appreciated.

cheers

Just noticed this post -- better late than never, I guess.

I have been to Brasil 3 times over the past few months, but have yet to dive there. A new colleague that our company just hired in São Paulo is a big diver. I was talking to him when I was down there earlier this week and hope to plan some diving the next time I go down there.

He gave me a few web sites to check out in anticipation of my next trip. Check this one out -- he says this is a quality operation. They operate a dive shop, charter boats and have accomodations on site. The web site has both Portuguese and English versions:

http://www.aquamaster.com.br/indexusa.html

They are located on the coast south of Rio de Janeiro, not too far from Ilha Grande.

Hope this helps.

Besides "Carnaval" :jester: Brazil has one of the best underated and udiscovered diving in the world. The best places to dive are "Abrolhos" and Fernando de Noronha. The latter being more of more difficult access since it is a reserved national retreat for about 300 dolphins. That is all in the Northeast region. In the Southeast - Rio de Janeiro, There is Ilha Grande which is means "Big Island". Basically that is exactly what it is - A big Island with lots of places to dive and snorkel. There is also Buzios, another great place to go. Last time I went I got so "awed" snorkeling that I forgot to dive. If you are ever going to Brazil don't forget to visit those places and ALWAYS bring your mask and snorkel even if you don't plan on diving.

I know this is an old post, but it is better late than never. Besides I will be personally visiting Rio this September.=-)

elfueda once bubbled...
Besides "Carnaval" :jester: Brazil has one of the best underated and udiscovered diving in the world. The best places to dive are "Abrolhos" and Fernando de Noronha. The latter being more of more difficult access since it is a reserved national retreat for about 300 dolphins. That is all in the Northeast region. In the Southeast - Rio de Janeiro, There is Ilha Grande which is means "Big Island". Basically that is exactly what it is - A big Island with lots of places to dive and snorkel. There is also Buzios, another great place to go. Last time I went I got so "awed" snorkeling that I forgot to dive. If you are ever going to Brazil don't forget to visit those places and ALWAYS bring your mask and snorkel even if you don't plan on diving.

I know this is an old post, but it is better late than never. Besides I will be personally visiting Rio this September.=-)

Be sure to let us know how the trip went! I'm looking at places to go for a first trip, and those places you mentioned are on the list of possibilities

Usually people who go to Brazil for work, goes to São Paulo, but think they need to go to the Northeast or Rio de Janeiro do dive. Even being Abrolhos and Fernando de Noronha the best places to dive in Brazil, around São Paulo there are great dives spost as well. Laje de Santos and Ilhabela are great places to dive. Going there for work, make sure to spend at least on day scuba diving as well.

Hi ............ Welcome to Brazil !!!!!
When are you planning to travel to Brazil??
There's a lot of nice dive operators down here...........just tell me the city you are plannig to come and I will find an dive operator to you...............see you soon......:) :) :) :) :)

I am headed down to South America on business but I want to stay a few extra days and get some dives in. Does anyone know of a good english speaking dive charter in the Sao Paulo ir Porto Alegra area. I have never been to brazil before so I am not sure which area would be best. Any information would be greatly appreaciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom