Latex Hood Liners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marine801

Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of the manufacture of a hood liner for a latex hood that has thermal value and reasonable volume with ear protection? I have had three divers expreience ear injuries related to hood volume or impact from objects. I need to increase volume and shield ears.

Hmmm, I'm assuming you need this for a commercial/technical application right? Try the helmets from NiteRider Technical Lighting Systems they are low cost, come in varying colors and sizes and offer great protection. I wear mine on top of a beanie (I can't stand using a hood) and it works great for wreck dives in surgy or low vis conditions.

Using a dry hood without a hood liner can be a very painful experience. We had been testing latex hoods for about the last three years and had LOTS of feedback on liners. This year we added both the latex hood and a very comfortable liner to the line. I am afraid that it isn't on the website yet, so I will just have to say that it is a double thickness lycra fleece hood with a full chin cup. The double thickness not only gives insulation, but provides a layer of air around the ears to aid in pressure equalization. Without that layer of air, the latex can enter the ear canal ad you descend. Not the most comfortable feeling.

Just my $.02

Ray Contreras
http://www.ossystems.com

Back
Top Bottom