Scubapro services ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DameDykker

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm getting fed up with Scubapro. I send my regulator set for services at my local diveshop 29th January. Normally the check-up takes less than a week. But now they told me the other day that they are waiting for a new pin to hold the exchaust valve cover in place. The Scandinavian spare parts provider is in Stockholm (Sweden) and so far they send a wrong pin despite part number being correct. So now I'm waiting for the right pin. The irony of the thing is that the German center is just as close but the shop is not allowed to use them according to Scubapro!
:livid:

Of course I have the details from the shop which so far has offered excelent services so I have no reason to doubt them. But I think I will not buy a Scubapro regulator (or other equipment form them) next time even though the set has always wored fine. And yes, the shop offered to let me borrow a regulator set of their rental equipment untill my one is fixed. So good service from the shop and very bad service from Scubapro.

Have any of you had such experiences with Scubapro or other providers?

DSAO

In the Tec dive world we dont even use the cover pin so we can take the regulator apart underwater if we have to. I have used a G250 HP for the last year without the pin and have never had the cover come off unless I took it off

DameDykker:
I'm getting fed up with Scubapro. I send my regulator set for services at my local diveshop 29th January. Normally the check-up takes less than a week. But now they told me the other day that they are waiting for a new pin to hold the exchaust valve cover in place. The Scandinavian spare parts provider is in Stockholm (Sweden) and so far they send a wrong pin despite part number being correct. So now I'm waiting for the right pin. The irony of the thing is that the German center is just as close but the shop is not allowed to use them according to Scubapro!
:livid:

Of course I have the details from the shop which so far has offered excelent services so I have no reason to doubt them. But I think I will not buy a Scubapro regulator (or other equipment form them) next time even though the set has always wored fine. And yes, the shop offered to let me borrow a regulator set of their rental equipment untill my one is fixed. So good service from the shop and very bad service from Scubapro.

Have any of you had such experiences with Scubapro or other providers?

DSAO

No not yet as far as I'm concerned Scuba Pro Rocks.......

I hope a scubapro rep is reading this. I think a previous message misunderstood your problem. He thought you spoke of the reg cover not exhaust cover. Scubapro had a problem with some pins falling out of the exhaust covers.
A slight bend in the end stops the problem. If getting the pin is a problem e-mail me your address and I'll send you one.

bllawol:
In the Tec dive world we dont even use the cover pin so we can take the regulator apart underwater if we have to. I have used a G250 HP for the last year without the pin and have never had the cover come off unless I took it off
He is referring to the metal pin that holds the exhaust cover in place, not the short plastic pin that keeps th purge cover from turning.

I've never had problems with this pin coming loose. On most of the regs that come through the shop, the pin has to be pressed and in some cases driven out of the hole in the case. It is not something we normally stock since it is not something we have ever had to replace.

Looks like you could improvise with a piece of a brass rod cut to length. Leave it long and bend tha ends a little. Or leave it short and use a little bubble gum to hold it in place. Why don't you tell your DS that you will hold onto it until they get the part.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom