Looking for Cold Water Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aardal

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a Cold water regulator set. I been looking at Sherwood Blizzard and Maximus as well as Apeks TX series regulators. Do you guys have any suggestions?

:whoa:

Check out the Apex TX-50s, TX-100, or TX-40. The sealed first stage is excellent. The regs are real work horses that don't need a lot of pampering.

A great overall reg.

Eric

I think you can find the TX-50s in the 300 to 350.00 range. Check with your local Seaquest dealer.

Eric

Yeah, I too am really interested in cold water regs. How about the Aqualung Glacia?

Thanks for your comments.

phislet,

I haven't looked at that particular one yet. I have found that people recommend the Apeks TX series and heard that the sherwood blizzard is good too. I haven't gotten to many responses on different brands yet. I will have to look in the aqualung glacia. Try going to http://www.scubadiving.com and you can find equipment reviews there. Good luck and let me know what you find for cold water regulators.

Aaron

Save your money and time and Just get the Apeks TX50, be sure and get the non-swivel first stage this would be the DS-4, meaning Dry Sealed, 4 low pressure ports, non swivel.
For cold water this is the Cat's Meow.

ID

I have the opprotunity to get the Apeks TX100 and Apeks TX 40 (octo) for $450. Is this a good price? Let me know asap please!

Thanks

Aaron Aardal

Ok, Don, what's wrong with my swivel? :argue:

Ardal...that sounds like an exceptional price to me if your buying it through a shop. I believe that setup retails at around $700US.

There is nothing wrong with the swivel.

The DS4 has exactly the same insides as the DST, and exactly the same performance, but it just costs quite a bit less.

I like the comfort of the swivel, however, if you are on a budget the DST is more 'bang for your buck' as it is cheeper than the DST.

Jon T

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom