Free Certification!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

King_Neptune

Founder
Reaction score
Ok peeps,

Here is the deal, Looking for some free Specialty Certs or maybe even your Advanced Cert as a benefit to being a "Neptune Divers" club member?

Then Here is How ...

=-)

Ok, buddy, here's my list of needys, whatcha going to teach me?

• Rescue Diver
  • Deep Diver
  • Underwater Navigator
  • Wreck Diver
  • Search & Recovery
  • Night Diver
  • Dive Propulsion Vehicle
  • Master Scuba Diver

Well buddy, chances are we need alot more time to do Rescue than we will have, plus it requires classroom time, confined water practice and CPR/First Aid training. So... Rescue is a no go. DM is an extensive course that includes Rescue as a prerequisite so DM is out too. DPV can be done, but I don't know if they will have any for rent. So it's not likely. The rest however can be done!

Dang, I just knew that I could slip Rescue in there. :) Seriously, I plan on taking Rescue this spring, so that will already be accomplished by the trip. So out of Deep, Search & Recovery, Underwater Navigator, Wreck, and Night Diver, which is the most imformative or better course if you will? I plan on taking all of them at some point to reach the Master Scuba Diver level, not that it makes me a master diver, but because it's there and should gain me access to some of the more advanced sites, should I care to go.

I'm new to diving and I'll be honest, I really like the looks of the trips. Only one thing. Most are for double occupancy. If I were to make one of the trips would that faul things up being alone? What are y'alls past experience with that?

You can room with me and Mario, but you're not getting any of my sink space! :)

I asked the same Q in the travel forum, and from what I can tell, chances are there will be others in the same boat that you can room with. If not you could pay the single rate. Or I wouldn't have a problem with sharing a room with 2 people, but the hotel might. Ask Natasha here.

Swamp Rat,

Yep, Warhammer is right. There are room rates available for anyone that wants their own room, without doubling the price.

However, We always have divers that are willing to share a room. I've even had women divers willing to share with men divers, they didn't know, just to keep the room price down.
:1st:
So far though, I haven't had to pair people up this way, I've always been lucky enough to find divers of the same sex to share together.

Anyway, which trip interested you the most?

We just posted the trips this week, so I'm sure they will fill up before the April final dates. People should be putting down their deposits the whole month of March to secure their spots.

:sunny:
Coast to Coast Travel
708-957-8616

Accomodations is the easy part, I personally don't have any problems rooming with anyone. (prior Navy)

Warhammer, We'll have to check the status on the surrounding dive sites from local instructors & DM's. Keep in mind I've never been there before either. So let's not make any choices just yet, we'll just say that we should be able to do at least a couple of them.

Just testing the water. That sounds great to me, I'm not going for the certs anyway, but if I pick up one or 2 on dives I'll be doing anyway, then great.

Natasha, I really do not know which one would be the best for me. I would want to do a lot of diving I know that. This would be my first Full Fledge Vacation ever. I do not know much about any of these places and will have to do some research. Airfare, other cost and see what I can afford. I got some delta miles that I can use but I dont think they will get me to any of these places just on delta.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom