Little Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Inspector#2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm stuck in Little Rock, Arkansas over the weekend (Feb 24-25). Does anybody know of any diving activities happening in the local area?

Dave

Hey Inspector#2, I was born and raised in Little Rock. Looks like you aren't going to be happy. There are plenty of places to dive in central Arkansas, but the water temp. will be much too cold, unless you're into dry suit diving! That's one of the reasons we moved to Tampa, I can dive the year round. Good Luck.
Scuba Bob

Hey Bob,
From the huge number of replies you are probably right-I am going to be disappointed. Thanks anyway,

Dave

Dave,

Arkansas has some of, if not the best freshwater diving in the States (excluding Florida), Lake Quachita is down by Hot Springs, Greers Ferry is just north of Little Rock.
Had some 25-30 feet of viz at Quachita last summer, but like Bob said, water is cooool this time of year.

ID

Iguana Don,
I found my first "keeper" while diving at Rainbow Rock on Lake Quachita, a Citizen dive watch! I still have it and use it after all these years. My brother in law and I used to camp out on Island 27 and just dive ourselves silly ever weekend. Our only trips ashore were to the dive shop at Brady Mountain for refills. Yeah Arkansas has some great diving, but it is seasonal at best. Talked to a buddy in Hot Springs last week and he said the water temp. at Blakely Mountain Dam (Spillway Landing) was hovering at a cool 49.
Scuba Bob

Back
Top Bottom