Scubapro, how much would you pay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverInAk

Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve been trying to get a fix on a new MK20/S600 (DIN) and I’m beginning to wonder about dealing with Scubapro and their dealer network.

It seems as though authorized Scubapro dealers in the US will not or cannot advertise their prices.

I see in the UK, several sites that show prices in the neighborhood of 349 GBP, or roughly 504 USD. My local shop is talking more like 653 USD, which appears to me as close to an 8 percent discount of MSRP. Why can UK shops advertise, but not US? Or are the US shops just playing their cards close to their chest?

I’m getting miffed because a) No one in the US will advertise prices for Scubapro regs, short of Leisurepro. b) I can’t be an informed consumer because there is no bloody information!

This does not seem to be the case for many other quality regs, like MARES, Ocean, Atomic, Apeks etc…

I’d like to hear if YOUR local dive shop (LDS) extends a discount, off MSRP and if so, how much?

I want to support my LDS, but with no other shops to compare, I’m beginning to think I’m getting the monopoly ploy… Got to buy from an authorized dealer, and I’m the ONLY one in town.

OK, I’m off my rant….thanks for listening.

my friendly local dive shop is selling the mk20/s600 for £315. What's the deal with the huge price disparity?

Not much to add here except to say that U.S. Scubapro prices seem to be higher in general -- I received a recent quote for an S600 of about $650......of course, this was the "pre-negotiation/package discount" price -- I was just browsing.

The ScubaPro shop here sells at MSRP(MSRP according to what I found in Rodales) No discounts on anything, even if I was to buy it all at their shop. That and their attitude about Training Agencies other than theirs has gotten me to take my business elsewhere.
Tavi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom