New Wreck Found!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iguana Don

Reaction score
You heard it here first,

While Dee and I were out on location doing some PSC (that's pond scum cataloging) we found a new wreck.

It's located about 45 minutes east of Waxahatchie, Texas. We found it quite by accident while checking out a reported new mutant form of pond scum.

We named her the JD 3640. She's sitting in about 60 ffw, listing to the port bow about 20 degrees, otherwise she's sitting pretty much upright. We dove her twice to survey the area and for any signs as to why she might have sunk. But this is a sink hole and that pretty much explains it.

We checked it out pretty close to see if we could determine how long she had been down there. Most of the rubber is still intact but with advanced signs of rotting. Having surveyed the outside it was time to go in.

Dee deployed her guide reel and I stayed outside. She came back an motioned it was my turn to enter. Upon entering the cab.....er pilot house, I found signs that it hadn't been too long ago since she sank. There by the driver's......er Captain's Chair was a Igloo Ice Chest. I opened it up, still had a good seal, and found some Twinkies and a unopened package of Redman. Noted all this in my wreck log.

Dee & I went to the locals for more info, stopped in at the local information center (feed store) and found out that Hojn Reed a young man from the Far East came here and was Captain of the now JD 3640 and he disappeared about the same time as what we had determined the time of the wreck.

Dee and I went back to the wreck, dove to the bottom, retrieved the horn.....er bell and brought it back up. We pollished the bell and inscribed Hojn Reed on the bell with our dive knife and returned it to the watery grave.

The wreck location will remain secret as we don't want anyone disturbing the site. But if you happen to stumble across it in East Texas, you will know you've found it by the green paint. Even Mother Nature can't find a way to remove it.

ID

ID

A mind like yours needs to carry a license :D I would give a lot to be just fractionally as creative as you...

My only solace is that I look better in gold lamé..... :D

Damn, I thought that on the second dive I had replaced the beers that I took from the ice chest.

Someone else must of had them, and not replaced them. How unthoughtful.

Jon T

(unless redman is some bizarre americain beer of course)

I thought Redman was chewing tobacco, but I could be wrong...

haha Jon I mighta known it was you...and as for the missing beers, I know nothing about them! *burp*

I didn't know there was any water east of Waxahatchie, Texas; at least before the Louisiana border!
RonC.

Redman IS chewing tabacco. For those of you whom are curious to try this stuff out, please don't. Can you say Bad breath, gum cancer, yellow teeth, nausea and walking around with a nasty spit cup?

Watch it, Mario, we have a Skoal dipper among us! :) Been at it for...let's see...17 years. Heck that's more than half my life thus far. :upset: ok, time to quit!

That explains the necessity of the Manuever! :D

For those of you whom haven't checked out Warhammers 'signature' Manuever You should check it out, only don't forget to take the necessary precautions such as having a towel handy... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom