Recreational Dive Planners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tal8091

Reaction score
Help!
I am presently learning to dive I am having alot of trouble with the recreational dive planner, can't understand it, anyone who can help take the confusion out of this I'd really appreciate it. My 1st class is Monday 7/31.

Hi Tal,

Congratulations on getting certified. One of the things they will teach you in your certification class is how to use the dive planner. When I took my open water certification, we actually spent quite a bit of time on the planner and tables to make sure everyone understood what the purpose was and how to use them. Every once in a while, I still have trouble with the planner and have to stop and double check my calculations.

Just be sure to pay attention when your instructor gets to that part of the course and be sure to ask questions and keep asking until you understand and are comfortable.

Cheers,

Welcome to diving!

When you start going over dive scenerios in class, and working out problems there, it will help. In other words, putting those tables to work and seeing how they will help you, will make it easier.

I have a computer now, but still work everything out on the tables. It makes me use my brain, and also able to help someone else out who may have forgotten how to use them.

gadiver

That's very smart to still work them out. Computers are great and all but you should ALWAYS do the math and not purely rely on JUST computers.

Better safe than sorry!

Got my manuals my dive planner and am heading for my first few training dives. Open water here i come.

All I use my computer for is to keep track of the data I need to write into my log. Actual dives are done using the Tables.

tal8091 once bubbled...
Help!
I am presently learning to dive I am having alot of trouble with the recreational dive planner, can't understand it, anyone who can help take the confusion out of this I'd really appreciate it. My 1st class is Monday 7/31.

There are several recreational dive planners.

Tell us which one you have and we'll run you through dive profiles until you scream for mercy. :)

I'm recently certified and I have a friend that is currently working on her Divemaster. One weekend I went diving with a new buddy who was using gauges + tables. No problem, "Mr. Computer" goes into gauge mode and we dive tables for the day. I was telling my Divemaster friend about the day and she said, "Show me how you did the tables." I handed over the log book and said, "See for yourself." She said, "No, I need you to show me how to do the tables." :D She actually just needed a refresher on how to take into account accumulated nitrogen on multiple dives. Too much computer rots your brain.

If I'm doing multiple dives I fill out my log book as I go and run the tables along side the computer. If the computer dies I can keep diving the tables. This can be a little tricky because it is not hard to bust the table NDL's when you are using a computer but it is better than nothing.

Do the various recreational agencies (ie. PADI, NAUI, SSI etc) have their own dive tables (I don't meen design and presentation but rather the numbers)? If so, which is more conservative? Thanks

check out the post date from tal and the number of posts he made.......

Don't reckon you'll get an answer unless he is still lurking

:nolurk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom