Split Fins:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Norm

Reaction score
I have Quattros and love 'em, don't get me wrong. I hear a lot of raves about split fins. Are there any dissatisfied owners out there? (Just wondering.....)
Norm

Norm,
If you scroll down to the bottom of the page where all of the General Scuba Discussions are posted, you will notice that there are several pages there. If you click on the second page, you will see that there's a post labled Split Fins You should find more than enough info there.

Happy Holidays,
Mario :D

Split fins used to be all the rave, a couple of years ago.

Now the flexible, long fins like Quatros seem to be the rave.

Does anyone still dive with split fins?

I use a pair of atomic splits, which are firm like a paddle fin. But yes, you should see the many posts already there under "Fins".

Rick Inman once bubbled...
I use a pair of atomic splits, which are firm like a paddle fin.

Me too. However, I switch between those and Jetfins for different circumstances.

IndigoBlue once bubbled...
Does anyone still dive with split fins?
I do, on occasion. They are good fins. Great for calm, open water. But not great in a current.

I dove jet fins for a dozen years and they are still popular amongts a few.

Once I tried the split fins I new I was in love with them. I can frog kick, kick in current or keep up with anyone else in the water.

The other fins I dive on rare occasions are free diving fins. That's just if I have to go Mach 5 for whatever reason.

I dive only with Quattros and ScubaPro Splits. I enjoy both. Quattros give me more 'thump' underwater, splits do not tire me as much on a relaxing dive.

That about sums it up.

I carry both on trips.

I dive with oceanic v-drives I love them, they work for frog style, flutter style and if needed have a lot of get up and go. The only problem is due to the fact that I'm not the biggest dude in the world, if I have to get somewhere fast and its a bit far...cramp (yes I know, pace myself). I have tried the splits and they seem better on a nice mello dive, definetly less effort than the vdrives to get the same net result. Most people I dive with swear by splits but a handfull still wear blades. Good call to carry both, cause you never know.

look, its a starfish...

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...
Once I tried the split fins I new I was in love with them. I can frog kick, kick in current or keep up with anyone else in the water.

Me too! i really love my split fins!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom