Pro-Dive Ft Lauderdale Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LoCz

Reaction score
Hey :) Does anyone know anything of Pro Dive in florida?
hopefully in around a years time i will be moving to either Australia to Pro Dives Academy in Sydney or Pro Dive Florida. So far iv talked to 2 people who actually trained in florida at Pro-Dive and 1 said it was brilliant and the staff where v proffessional and the other guy said that it was OK buthe had heard great things of Pro-Dive in Sydney. So if you have any info on this please post away :) thx guys. :goofy:

Suggest you contact britdiver@adventuresports2.com directly. He did pretty much what you propose to do.
Rick

pro dive is like 1 of the best run dive stores in the world, they do a great job at making you feel welcomed and go the xtra mile for you no matter how trival it is.

LoCz,

My husband and I went to Pro-Dive Florida back in April for our referral dives for our Open Water certification. As you can see, our experience with dive operators was obviously very limited but we were very impressed with the customer service focus. We were squeezing in the 2 days for our certification dives around a wedding. They were great, got us scheduled for the certification dives, explained in detail to us what we needed to bring, had an instructor lined up for us in advance. They were organized with their program and things went very smoothly. While we didn't complete our certification on that trip (newbie-itis hit us on day one), Pro-Dive was proactive in trying to help us complete the certification, offering to let us do an extra dive the following morning on their snorkeling boat trip, etc. When we came back for our scheduled Day Two of dives, they had an instructor assigned for just the 2 of us, who sat down and reviewed what had happened the day before. The instructor had us go over what we thought the problems were and how we could solve them, then he provided additional ideas for solving the problems. The instructor on Day 2 had also talked with the instructor we had on the first day, so he knew what obstacles we had faced. (Our Day 1 instructor continued with the other students who had been with us on Day 1). The instructor was focused on helping us have an enjoyable day of diving and helping us to successfully complete 2 dives on that day's trip. If we had been able to stay in Florida another day they were willing to let us have seats on the boat on the 3rd day, and an instructor, so we could complete the certification.

I know on our future trips to the Ft Lauderdale area, Pro-Dive will be the first dive operation we contact. Their customer service focus was top-notch.

tyki

Not really ID. Even though I don't really have any problem with the purpose behind the philosophy in general. I just think "doing it right" can apply to any endeavor, even running a dive shop.

I truly am glad to hear of tyki's experience. To date I have visited four dive shops in the Dallas area and have been unimpressed to say the least.

Spending many years in retail management; my expectations may be higher than most people's. My impression of the LDSs I have visited is "unprofessional". They may well have the knowledge and experience from a diving standpoint, but their customer service/sales skills are abysmal.

Just my opinion.

Pro Dive :)
I trained there (PADI Divemaster) and found them to be very professional. Next year am going back for the IDC.
The Ft Lauderdale and Australia operations are not related in any way.

Safe Diving,
Vettster

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom