Cozumel, June 25,2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ahoy There !
Goin back for the 5th year in a row now ! Leaving from Chicago. Great fare, $ 343.00, non-stop on UA. Staying at the Barracuda Hotel for 8 days & 7 nights, diving w/ Dive Paradise. Anyone going from Chicago ?

Good Viz,
Scuba-Rican :eyebrow:

Just got back, unfortunately :-( ....Did 7 AWESOME days and 6 nights down there...stayed at the Casa del Mar (not too shabby) and Dove with Martin....great op, hard working and friendly staff, safe but fun. We had to deal with some so-so weather the first 3-4 days, but Cozumel showed herself beautifully for the tail end of our stay. All-in-all it was by far the best diving I've ever done. Beautiful reefs, amazing sea life....just a perfect dive destination.

Enjoy your trip!!

diver3523:
Just got back, unfortunately :-( ....Did 7 AWESOME days and 6 nights down there...stayed at the Casa del Mar (not too shabby) and Dove with Martin....great op, hard working and friendly staff, safe but fun. We had to deal with some so-so weather the first 3-4 days, but Cozumel showed herself beautifully for the tail end of our stay. All-in-all it was by far the best diving I've ever done. Beautiful reefs, amazing sea life....just a perfect dive destination.

Enjoy your trip!!

Cozumel is always great ! That's why I keep going back. Glad you had a good time. Not too many people complain. It's a no brainer ! Thanx for the well wishes. I l'l have a great time without a doubt.

Good Viz,
thumb.gif

Scuba-Rican

Hey there, we will be there June 26 thru July 10. We are staying at the Scuba Club for the first time so it will be interesting. We are diving Dive Paradise ( I think that's what hubby said ) and there are 5 of us going. Have been watching the weather reports with trepidation....it has been solid thunderstorms for the last 5 days..but hopefully they will be all done when we get there. I can't wait!!! Time to go yet??

My wife, kids, and I are heading down June 22nd through June 27th. This is our first Summer trip, we've been there many times in the Winter months. My wife wants to cancel, she thinks it will be way too hot. However, a friend told me the temp doesn't vary that much throughout the year (he went in August). Sounds like others go in Summer months; your experience? Also, we've used the large resort boats multiple times; but last time used Dive with Martin- they we're definately the best! Great service, smaller "fast boats" with only 6 to 8 divers. We'll never go back to the large boats again.

Koots:
My wife, kids, and I are heading down June 22nd through June 27th. This is our first Summer trip, we've been there many times in the Winter months. My wife wants to cancel, she thinks it will be way too hot. However, a friend told me the temp doesn't vary that much throughout the year (he went in August). Sounds like others go in Summer months; your experience? Also, we've used the large resort boats multiple times; but last time used Dive with Martin- they we're definately the best! Great service, smaller "fast boats" with only 6 to 8 divers. We'll never go back to the large boats again.

Hey there Koots & Squidgy,
Perhaps we will dive with each other, since I too am diving with Dive Paradise. I love it in the summer, nice and hot. I will be the one wearing a Dee-Rag with Red Dragons on it and sporting a black Goatee. We can have dinner ! See you in the water !

Good Viz,
George

Scuba-Rican:
Hey there Koots & Squidgy,
Perhaps we will dive with each other, since I too am diving with Dive Paradise. I love it in the summer, nice and hot. I will be the one wearing a Dee-Rag with Red Dragons on it and sporting a black Goatee. We can have dinner ! See you in the water !

Good Viz,
George

Hey George my fellow Chicagaon (we're 20 miles sw in Darien). We'll look for you, however, were most likely going with "Dive with Martin" since we had such an awesome experience with them the last trip. That is, if I don't postpone the trip due to the heat (which my wife thinks will be too much).
Koots

Koots:
Hey George my fellow Chicagaon (we're 20 miles sw in Darien). We'll look for you, however, were most likely going with "Dive with Martin" since we had such an awesome experience with them the last trip. That is, if I don't postpone the trip due to the heat (which my wife thinks will be too much).
Koots

Hey Koots,
Did you know that the week in question that we are going is Scuba Madness of some sort. There are supposed to be raffles and what not during that week. I have never dove with " Martin ", I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. So I always dive with D.P. Perhaps I should though. They don't go to other dive sites like some of the other dive ops. do. :-( I do know all the divemasters at D.P. and we have a great time during the evening after diving is all done. Also, Apple is a good friend of mine. I have known her for years. She knew me when I was a newbie to diving 10 years ago. You guys should have a great time while you are there. Hope to meet you and possibly get together.

Good Viz,
George :pirate:

Koots:

I saw that you and your family have traveled to Coz in the winter months. My husband and I are thinking about Coz (or some other dive destination) for December but are concerned about COLD water (we are Florida warm water divers and shrivel at anything under 75). So, could you share with me your experience of diving in Coz in the winter? Thanks!

amburns

amburns:
I saw that you and your family have traveled to Coz in the winter months. My husband and I are thinking about Coz (or some other dive destination) for December but are concerned about COLD water (we are Florida warm water divers and shrivel at anything under 75). So, could you share with me your experience of diving in Coz in the winter? Thanks!

amburns

Hey Amburns, yes we've gone in Dec and Jan (several times). The water temp was always a constant 78 degrees. We always wear 3mil suits, and never get chilled. Can't wait to get down there now and see what 82 degrees feels like!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom