Fiesta Americana Dive Op ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tuckster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Planning an Oct visit & plan on using the on-site op unless someone has a better idea......Anyone know who it is ??
Also, I like the non-AI plan so we can dine around however my wife is not BIG on Mexican every night. Should we use the AI or are there enough good seafood & steak places around ???

The dive op is called Dive House and we have had good experiences with them. They are safe, knowledgable & wont harass you too much. Nice boats, great divemasters, October is an excellent time to go- last time we stayed in Oct, there were several dives with just us 2 on the boat!
Never stayed AI at FA -- there is a huge variety of great food available in town. If you are going to be diving ALOT, I recommend going AI because you might not have the time or energy to go into town for meals, and the food at FA is somewhat pricey IMO. Last trip we ended up overspending on food for this very reason.

For the great trip report & quick response from both of you. This Board Rocks.

Fiesta Americana is a great location for divers. Because you're already so far south the boat time is really cut down. I stayed there in April and did the AI plan. I got a good deal at the time with Apple Vacations and it worked out to about $50 more (total) for 2 people for 4 nights going AI then non-AI. Breakfasts were good, lunch was ok. Just for breakfasts, all the bottled water we consumed, lunch or afternoon snack and drinks a day, the AI was well worth it. You'll also get one dinner at Miramar which was pretty good food, good service and a nice atmosphere.

We did our dives with Living Underwater and they were great. We've already booked diving with them for a Dec trip.

Tuckster:
For the great trip report
Agreed, Michael did a nice job. We got to dive with him and his wife on their last day.

As was mentioned, there are LOTS of good restaurants in town. Make sure to try to hit as many as possible. I've got my list and La Pearlita is on it! That's one I haven't tried yet.

Jeust stayed at FA last month. Go back a couple of pages in this Cozumel section and look for Divedoggie's Coz report.
We did the AI which doesn't cost much more, and it lessened the headaches. You can get bottled water at any time, snacks, breakfast and lunch, and still go to town for dinners. When we were tired, we ate at the FA. I saw people checking out and squaring up their room bills, who were not AI, and I will bet they ended up spending more than I did.
We would definitely stay there again!
Anyway, check out some of the prior reports.
Dd

Moodiejeff:
Agreed, Michael did a nice job. We got to dive with him and his wife on their last day.

As was mentioned, there are LOTS of good restaurants in town. Make sure to try to hit as many as possible. I've got my list and La Pearlita is on it! That's one I haven't tried yet.

I sure wish we were all back there now....

Stayed at FA last month and dived with Dive House. I agree with the previous posts. Dive House is a good, quality operation. You will be pleased with them.

We did the AI and were quite pleased (as mentioned, the bottled water alone may be worth the price of the AI). Went into town a couple of nights for dinner and had breakfast/lunch at the hotel. It worked out great.

Rich Hagelin

I will also agree, if you are diving and want convenience, go AI. The cost is worth it for fast breakfast before the morning dive, the easy lunch when you get back, the bottled water and the drinks. The food at the upstairs reservation restaurant was quite good. The food ordered off the menu at the Reef restaurant (the one down by the water) was good too and better than the buffet. You might have to ask for the menu. You can still go out for dinner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom