Bus Transport from CUN to Playa??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N Side Diver

Registered
Reaction score
Hey peeps; has anyone taken the shuttle bus from Cancun Airport to Playa (to catch the ferry to Coz) lately?
This link < http://www.cozumel.net/1maps/buses.htm > describes a cheap way to get to Playa but I cannot find anything else about it, like where at the airport does it leave from, and does it really exist...

Any help would be appreciated.

North Side Diver

As you leave customs and exit the airport, walk past all the beer vendors (after stopping for a quick cerveza and grabbing some for the road) almost to the road, and look left. You'll see a bunch of buses. I'm not sure whether you have to stop somewhere and buy a ticket (since we travelled as a group and had chartered one of the buses for ourselves), but those are the buses that go to PDC. The ride didn't seem like it took that long and the driver let us drink our cervezas on the bus once we were off of airport property.

Piece of cake. Name of bus company is ADO. Buses leave every hour from the "exit" end of Terminal 2. The Playa bus is usually the first in line at a covered bus area just as the road curves away from the terminal. Terminal #2: this is important to know -- especially if you are coming in at terminal #1 (which most charters and Frontier use). If you arrive at Terminal #1, you need to take the free shuttle to terminal #2 -- runs every 15 minutes and is 150 feet to your right as you exit terminal #1 walking. Tip the driver $1 -- especially if you have lots of baggage.

Once you get to #2, there's always an ADO rep (typically a young man properly ID'd), who will sell you 1-way tickets ($8 each) and even walk you to the bus. Coming home you buy your 1-way ticket at the terminal in Playa, which, for some reason only costs $6.50. Buses return directly to Terminal #2. Entire ride each way is just under an hour. AND it's the nicest bus you'll ever ride. Buses are "in synch" with the ferries (in both directions), so it's 2 hours from airport to Coz end of the ferry ride.

How late in the day can you arrive at CUN and still get to Coz comfortably?

How about when to leave Coz to catch a flight?

Diversion:
How late in the day can you arrive at CUN and still get to Coz comfortably?

How about when to leave Coz to catch a flight?

According to my schedule, the bus goes to Playa roughly every hour with the last ones at 4:45, 5:45, 7:00 and 8:30pm. When heading back to Cancun from Coz, I usually try to catch a ferry at least 4 hours ahead of departure. The whole trip to the airport should take 2 hours (with 15 minutes buffer between bus and ferry -- it's a 5 minute walk between them). If you miss a ferry or a bus, add an another hour to your trip. Even if you get to the airport an hour early, I'd still think it would be enough time to check-in. I can remember at least a few trips where I showed up 2 hours ahead of departure only to find a whole planeload of folks ahead of me in line. One hour later the back of the line (me) finally gets to the counter. Just as easy to walk right up at that point, ya' know?

bcaderunr:
According to my schedule, the bus goes to Playa roughly every hour with the last ones at 4:45, 5:45, 7:00 and 8:30pm. When heading back to Cancun from Coz, I usually try to catch a ferry at least 4 hours ahead of departure. The whole trip to the airport should take 2 hours (with 15 minutes buffer between bus and ferry -- it's a 5 minute walk between them). If you miss a ferry or a bus, add an another hour to your trip. Even if you get to the airport an hour early, I'd still think it would be enough time to check-in. I can remember at least a few trips where I showed up 2 hours ahead of departure only to find a whole planeload of folks ahead of me in line. One hour later the back of the line (me) finally gets to the counter. Just as easy to walk right up at that point, ya' know?

Your hear a lot about the schedules. Nice to hear about how it 'works'.

Just the info I was looking for - Thanks!

You're most welcome. It was still fresh in my mind since I did it last week. Have a great trip!

bcaderunr:
You're most welcome. It was still fresh in my mind since I did it last week. Have a great trip!

Thanks everyone. That inforamtion was perfect. Just what I needed. I knew there was a reason I kept reading these forums..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom