I miss Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Giggi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm not sure whether this should go here or in Whine & Cheeze...but I miss Cozumel. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Anyone go recently? Any pictures to share? Trip reports? Any effects from Hurricane Cindy? How's the weather?

I'm Jonesing badly. Someone please tell me the ocean dried up, it snowed hard and the harbor is closed, and I wouldn't be able to dive anyway.

Giggi,

I share your pain. Click on one of the links below for a virtual fix.

The best way to handle Cozumel withdrawal is to make reservations for your next trip!

DSAO,
Jim (jlyle)

Giggi:
I'm not sure whether this should go here or in Whine & Cheeze...but I miss Cozumel. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Anyone go recently? Any pictures to share? Trip reports? Any effects from Hurricane Cindy?

Shhh... Apparently we are not supposed to talk about hurricanes in here. ;^)

Yeah I miss it too.....that's why, when I got bumped recently on a business flight to NY, I took the travel voucher and immediately booked a flight to Cozumel for later this month!

Now let's not even think about a hurricane....

and can't wait!! It's been WAY too long!! I just have to survive 2 weeks of work, a two day meeting, and a drive to Houston to catch a plane!! :biggrinba

I loved the little bit of diving I got do on my first trip sooooo much that I booked the next trip within DAYS of getting home. December, and I can't wait. If our Hawaii trip hadn't already been booked I probably would go back to Coz sooner. I'm hooked!

mattboy:
Yeah I miss it too.....that's why, when I got bumped recently on a business flight to NY, I took the travel voucher and immediately booked a flight to Cozumel for later this month!

Wow, you got an international ticket out of a regional bump? That's impressive.

jlyle:
Giggi,

I share your pain. Click on one of the links below for a virtual fix.

The best way to handle Cozumel withdrawal is to make reservations for your next trip!

DSAO,
Jim (jlyle)

Ohhhh...thanks for the links! My next trip is actually going to be to California to visit my best friend since college days and get a little taste of cold water diving while I'm out there, and since we're in the process of building a house - funds are low. Yea, I know I know...Cozumel is "almost free" in terms of tropical diving vacations - maybe the "vacation fairy" will come through for us at Christmas again this year. I wonder if I could sell one of my kidneys and heal quickly enough to dive by the time it gets cold again....

I tried the begging for a ticket a few months ago, and it didn't work. :-( I'm headed out for another cold water dive off our north coast in about a month. Where are you headed to in California? I just dove off the Peace out of Ventura in Southern California, and had a great time, the channel islands are almost like cozumel, but with a little fog in the morning and the vis about 20 feet with 56 degree water temp. The hot tub on the boat was just like cozumel but a little cramp :)

Back
Top Bottom