Cozemel in March/April??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bnkysgrl

Registered
Reaction score
I am new to the board, and needing some advice. We are thinking of going in March/April and I am wondering if there are any weather concerns, and if spring break effects Cozumel too much to be in the area at this time?? Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the board!
The weather at that time is usually wonderful, with a scattered storm every now & then that doesnt really affect the diving. I wouldnt go to Coz during spring break because of the crowds, but I guess it depends on why you're going-- to dive or to party...

bnkysgrl:
I am new to the board, and needing some advice. We are thinking of going in March/April and I am wondering if there are any weather concerns, and if spring break effects Cozumel too much to be in the area at this time?? Any help would be appreciated.

As long as you fly directly into CZM and not CUN you should be fine...weather is great, Im sure spring break effects Coz somewhat, its not a major concern. We were there (1st time) during peak spring break and once we got off the mainland (flew into CUN) the spring breakers seemed a bit less...We stayed at Hotel Coz and there were always college kids in the pool, noone was stupid drunk and it never got out of hand..You'll be diving all day and wont see them anyway....the hotel was ok. HOWEVER - the island was packed with cruisers in the afternoon - which Im sure is the norm. This trip, were not going into town until the cruisers have left !

bnkysgrl:
Does anyone know when the worst tiem is as far as spring breakers??

College spring breaks are generally the 1st three weeks of March - guessing...But I do know that they all vary within a three week period of time..If your looking to directly avoid them, I'd go in april

And make your diving reservations in advance-- the boats are crowded that time of year & depending on the dive op you may not get to dive without a reservation.

Spring break usually starts no earlier than the second full week in March (and really not to the third) and runs to early April, depending on when Easter falls that year - several school districts and colleges across the country time their break to the Easter week.

Thanx for the help everyone! when would you all who live there or go often suggest going? We don't want it to be hurricane season and we don't want to see huge crowds either? Any other info we should think of, like when airfare is cheaper?

We usually head down mid-late April for our regular vacation, by that time spring breaks are over and the weather is usually fantastic! mid to upper 80's and the summer humidity hasn't kicked in yet.

Thanks we will have to look at end of April. In the meantime I still have to make the rest of my plans for our trip to Big Island end of next month, guess I should get on that. Thanks again for the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom