Ferry from Cancun to Cozumel Info.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawrence914

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
This is the information that I got from my hostess in Cozumel. Hope it'll be helpful to someone.

From Cancun airport to Playa, you can take the RIVIERA bus.

Departures are at:

10h45 - 11h45 - 12h45 - 13h45 - 15h00 - 16h15 - 17h45 - 19h00 - 20h30.

The trip takes around 1 hour.

It is 65 pesos per person or 8 dollars. It is the cheapest way to get to Playa.

In Playa, you will take the ferry - there is a departure every hour (almost). There are two companies Mexico or Ultramar. The trip will take around 35 mn. Once you are in Cozumel, you could walk (10 mn), or take a taxi for around 3 USD (always agree on the rate first thing!). The ferry ticket is around 10 USD per person. Everybody will accept your dollars. The rate of exchange in the banks is around 10.45 pesos to the dollar. In the shops, they will take it to a lower rate: 10 pesos to the dollar.

Lawrence914:
This is the information that I got from my hostess in Cozumel. Hope it'll be helpful to someone.
Thank You Lawrence914-it has been helpful to me- I will be doing this on my upcoming trip to Cozumel.
I appreciate the info :shades:

One question about the ferries that no one seems to have the answer for is why in the world when the new ferry company came in they adopted the exact same schedule as the older one. They could have staggered the schedules so that there would be a ferry every half hour instead of (mostly) every hour, <John Belushi voice> but nooooo... They have agents competing for passengers, and they load up at the same time and have a ferry race.

Gordon,

Good question, good point.

---------------
On the other hand, maybe I am just lucky or I plan well, but so far on two visits, I have not had a long enough wait at the Ferry Pier to even have any time to explore Playa at all.

I usually wander down from the bus terminal, board the ferry, hang out for a few minutes, and then off we go. Must be all those deposits in the kharma bank.

W

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom