Rental home/condo suggestions???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Martha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am trying to plan our next trip to Cozumel and was wondering if anyone has any first hand knowledge of a 3 bedroom house or condo. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I know of a 4 bedroom condo. It is at El Cantil Sur. 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, full kitchen. They have a great pool, small beach area and boat dock. There is a full length balcony with a hot tub as well. The unit my friends own is on the ground level, right in front of the pool. This is ideal if you have younger kids to keep an eye on. Or if you dive, it is a short, easy walk from the rinse tanks to the condo. You aren't having to lug the gear too far. Here is the website:

www.elcantilsur.com

PM me if you would like more info.

I stayed there in Nov. 04 and it was fantastic!

Julie

What's your budget? Do you need the beach or can you stay in town?

Tim Ingersoll:
What's your budget? Do you need the beach or can you stay in town?
We're open to either one. The beach would be nice, because we're bringing our kids, but it's not required. I've been looking at homes in town on some of the rental websites, but would be interested in hearing observations of people who actually stayed in one.

Martha:
We're open to either one. The beach would be nice, because we're bringing our kids, but it's not required. I've been looking at homes in town on some of the rental websites, but would be interested in hearing observations of people who actually stayed in one.

I second the El Cantil condos. I have personally seen LB, 6c, 4c, and 4b...all are incredibly beautiful.

I know of some really nice houses that are very reasonably priced and fully equipped as well. :)

Christi:
I second the El Cantil condos. I have personally seen LB, 6c, 4c, and 4b...all are incredibly beautiful.

I know of some really nice houses that are very reasonably priced and fully equipped as well. :)
I'd like to hear more about the houses you know about, if you don't mind.

Martha:
I'd like to hear more about the houses you know about, if you don't mind.

I've stayed with groups twice in Cozumel at rental houses. Both were slightly larger than what you were describing, but the general information should be applicable.

2.5 years ago, stayed at Villa Rosmar; a very nice, older more traditional 5+ bedroom house north of town. The house featured tiled floors throughout, an indoor garden, mahogany paneling and traditional Latin decorations. Great secluded beach, excellent swimming pool and wonderful atmosphere. The maid was almost invisible, came everyday and almost no one ever saw her...maybe because we were constantly diving...:eyebrow: We spent the little extra and hired a cook for the week, this provided two meals per day; which we chose to breakfast and lunch. Dinner we would typically do out. The cook was excellent and the dishes plentiful and delicious.

1 year ago, stayed a Villa Las Glorias; a 4 bedroom house south of town, right by San Francisco Beach Club. Very, very hard to locate from the main road if you are arriving at 2:30 am, with a taxi driver that does not know that portion of the island well and it has just rained over 99 inches in the last 24 hours, and the island is virtually shut down. The beach was shared with a couple of neighboring houses, but still very private. The house was more modern in both appointments and decor than Villa Rosmar, but still quite nice. Again, I can not complement the maid service and the optional cook we engauged enough...once things from the downpour got sorted out all went exceedingly well.

If I am not mistaken, both were arranged through www.cozumelhomes.com or any one of a dozen other similar web sites. We typically put together a group of friends (adults and children) for a one week trip and then look for suitable accomodations. We have done the hotel and resort route this way, but find the privacy and uncluttered (read, never having to fight for a deck chair, a beach location or a bar stool) feeling the vacation home provides to be a much more enjoyable way to spend our money. And if all are splitting the costs, on a per-person basis...it comes in at typically no more than your standard hotel/resort with any type of meal plan.

Not trying to sound like a travel agent, but we certainly enjoy this method of vacationing. Hope you find something you like...let us know how your experience turns out.

Squashie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom