What a difference a week makes...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I am still working on my offficial report "Punta Emily " but in the meantime, I just wanted to post a quick one week later update!

A week ago, we were all looking around wondering where to start cleaning and putting the pieces back together.

Today, it's business as usual, for the most part. This week will undoubtedly be a little hectic trying to get caught up and get through all of the old and new e-mails, as well as trying to pay bills that would have bene paid last week. Bank lines will be outrageous as well as the various other places everyone will be trying to pay bills.

The entire island has had their power restored to my knowledge, except perhaps the very southern resorts. Power was restored at my office last night at about 7:00pm.

Cable came back on yesterday, so we can keep up with what's going on in the world.

There are definitely less tourists n the island than what would have been, but those tourists are appreciated more than ever now! Thanks to those of you who have decided to come down despite Emily!

I have no doubt in my mind that all of your thoughts and prayers worked miracles and convinced God to weaken Emily as she crossed over us...and to have some mercy on us! I also believe that faith moves mountains, which is why the people of Cozumel pulled together and got this island back up at running in only ONE week.

If you didn't understand why Cozumel is such a beautiful place before, I hope you all do now!

We ALL look forward to seeing you ALL as soon as possible!

That's awesome news! Thanks again, Christi, for keeping us updated.

I knew there was a reason I love Cozumel so much...besides being a tropical paradise, the people are wonderful!!! Thanks for the update, Christi. May you have infinite viz, maximum bottom time, and cool breezes topside.

Back
Top Bottom