Total Noob Question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JoeinOK

Reaction score
I am heading to Coz in a few days, and the weather channel says its gonna be rainy/thunderstorms 6 of the 8 days I'm gonna be there :11: What sorts of weather will cause the dive ops to cancel? Obviously lightning and high winds, but what else? Never been to Coz before, and would hate to spend all my time in the hotel.

TIA,
Joe

JoeinOK:
I am heading to Coz in a few days, and the weather channel says its gonna be rainy/thunderstorms 6 of the 8 days I'm gonna be there :11: What sorts of weather will cause the dive ops to cancel? Obviously lightning and high winds, but what else? Never been to Coz before, and would hate to spend all my time in the hotel.

TIA,
Joe

It is Tropical rainy season
You can have isolated thunder storms but it will be mostly sunny inbetween the thunderheads.

Wind and waves can cause cancellations. this time of year that wont be a problem
you may run into a couple of rainy clouds on the way to dive site's and I have been underwater several times with lightning overhead. no big deal

ENJOY!!!!

GPdiver:
It is Tropical rainy season
You can have isolated thunder storms but it will be mostly sunny inbetween the thunderheads.

Wind and waves can cause cancellations. this time of year that wont be a problem
you may run into a couple of rainy clouds on the way to dive site's and I have been underwater several times with lightning overhead. no big deal

ENJOY!!!!

I appreciate the info so much! :D My first dives in water w/more than 10' of vis. I may not know what to do if I can see the bottom! Thanks again.

JoeinOK:
I appreciate the info so much! :D My first dives in water w/more than 10' of vis. I may not know what to do if I can see the bottom! Thanks again.

Oh, are you going to be spoiled! This is really going to be a treat for you!!

Don't worry about the weather, it's the tropics, you may get an occational rain shower but they usually don't last long or are in the late afternoon and evenings after the heat has built up all day.

Just look at it this way, if it rains...more margarita and cerveza time!

Have a great trip and give us all a report when you get back! we all love living vicariously through others unitl our own next trip!!

I'm under the impression that a catagory four hurricane may cause cancelations

sharky60:
Oh, are you going to be spoiled! This is really going to be a treat for you!!

Don't worry about the weather, it's the tropics, you may get an occational rain shower but they usually don't last long or are in the late afternoon and evenings after the heat has built up all day.

Just look at it this way, if it rains...more margarita and cerveza time!

Have a great trip and give us all a report when you get back! we all love living vicariously through others unitl our own next trip!!

Ditto what Sharky said!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom