Cozumel dive shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joeyz

New
Reaction score
I've been to Cozumel many times and did my diving with Blue Angel dive shop. They are good but I'm looking to find something better.

I'm looking for a small clean dive center that caters to only small groups. We also would like one with a freshwater shower inside.

Can anyone give me some good feedback with some names? Thanks.

Joe

PLease check our Cozumel forum and post there for such discussions. I'm on Utila Island for a dive trip, but wanted to log on to greet new members.

don :cowboy:

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Don't know about the shower but here are three operators that will not dissappoint--
www.bottomtimedivers.net Raul runs out of his house no shop.
www.liquidbluediving.com Roberto and Michella have a shop two blocks from the Plaza
www.bluextseadiving.com Christi just opened a shop after working from her house.

All of these run small boats with canopy, have towels, rain slickers, and are the nicest people you could want to dive with. they own their buisness so they will make sure you dive safely while haveing a great time with no problems.

I would personally add www.aldora.com and Dive with Martin as they both do a very nice job. Aldora is my preferred DO and DWM is my backup

I would highly recomend bottom time divers. Last year I dove with one of the large ones the first day and I was sorry. 35 min bottom time and everybody had to surface. I still had 1900 psi. Swithed to bottom time and Raul was wonderfull! He has a small 6 diver boat and our bottom time was our computer and air. We had most dive 65-75 min. and saw alot of small amimals and fish. He lets the current take you for a relaxing dive so you don't feel tierd at the end. It was the best I've ever been.

joeyz:
I've been to Cozumel many times and did my diving with Blue Angel dive shop. They are good but I'm looking to find something better.

I'm looking for a small clean dive center that caters to only small groups. We also would like one with a freshwater shower inside.

Can anyone give me some good feedback with some names? Thanks.

Joe

Don't know how elaborate a shower you will find on a boat meant for 6 or 7 divers. Just dove with Blue XT-Sea and highly recommend them. They do bring fresh water for divers to rinse with after the dives. They also take surface interval's on land where there are bathrooms which is nice. I don't think you could do much better. I haven't used the other ops so I can't comment on them. Have fun.

Studio Blue is small and friendly and simply amazing. Owner Manuel Campos we have known for years. small boats and very knowledgable.

loudives:
Don't know about the shower but here are three operators that will not dissappoint--
www.bottomtimedivers.net Raul runs out of his house no shop.
www.liquidbluediving.com Roberto and Michella have a shop two blocks from the Plaza
www.bluextseadiving.com Christi just opened a shop after working from her house.

All of these run small boats with canopy, have towels, rain slickers, and are the nicest people you could want to dive with. They own their buisness so they will make sure you dive safely while haveing a great time with no problems.
I know for a fact that both Blue XT Sea and Liquid Blue have fresh water showers on their boats. Both of these operators are what I would call premium dive OP's.

LB uses large steel tanks and tends to attract more advanced divers (but not always). The one thing they don't provide on the boat is food, only water. They always do their SI at a beach club, usually Playa Palancar. Customer usually buy a meal, either a late breakfast or an early lunch. Most people don't choose their dive op by what they provide to eat during the SI.The dives I did with LB were group dives where everyone surfaced at the same time, but that was after extend bottom times (70 - 80 minutes) when most divers were approaching deco.

Blue XT Sea uses regular AL 80's but can provide AL 100's on request. Dives with Blue XT Sea are also group dives, but you surface individually as remaining air gets low, about 700psi. Christi provides water, juice, fruit, usually home baked muffins, and somethings other things like cookies.

I don't think Raul has a fresh water shower on his boat, at least I didn't see one the day Christi rented his boat or the second day when we shared the boat with him. He provided water, juice, fruit, and cookies during the SI.

You will have a good time with any one of these operators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom