Cozumel Excursion??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joemdiver

Reaction score
We're booked for an NCL cruise next spring and our stops include Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Costa Maya. Has anyone used an NCL booked dive in Cozumel? I'm curious who the outfitter they use is. There are so many to choose from and I'm curious if anyone has booked a Cozumel dive through NCL recently. If they have large groups and bad DMs I'd rather book the dive myself. I'll be diving with my 12 year old who just passed his PADI OW (Junior) and I want his experience to be a good one. We're using Hugh Parkey in Belize and Anthony's Key in Roatan. I know they have great reputations. I've only dived Eastern Caribbean so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have done that same (or almost the same) cruise and do suggest you book your own diving in Cozumel. My GENERAL experience with cruise ship diving is as you said, crowded and annoying. Papa Hogs is good and will take you out pretty much when you have time to go. As for shops good for new divers, maybe others will chime in. As for Belize and Roatan, those operators are very good as you said and should be able to please you and your son. Congrats to your new diver!

I did that cruise and the ship used Sand Dollar in Cozumel. I talked to several divers when they came back on board and they were generally disappointed. The boat was crowded, the dive was short, etc. My buddy and I booked our own diving in Cozumel and chartered a six pack of our own through Aldora. It was pricey but definitely worth it. We had our own boat and our own DM to cater just to us. Verrrry nice. If you are interested ask for Bill LaRosa. He's a great instructor and a stern taskmaster. Your son will be a much better diver for the experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom