Cozumel trip - Sept 5 thru 12 '05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

montychandler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thought I'd pass on a few thoughts from my recent trip to Coz. As usual we had a wonderful stay at the Bahia and excellent diving with Aldora. I was a bit concerned about the effects hurricane Emily may have have on the island and on the reefs. San Miguel has recovered nicely - hard to tell there was even a storm. The reefs had a bit of sand on them, especially in the southern parts. Once you get up to the nothern half of Santa Rosa Wall (about where the swim-thrus really start) and to Tormentos and beyond, the sand really diminshed,

The sharks are schooling down at Punta Sur near the Catherdral. Maracaibo was amazingly clear and calm, Devils Throat was clear and beautiful as ever as well. Splendid Toad Fish remain plentiful at Yucab, etc etc.. The diving was as excellent as it always is.. I did notice on the night dives that there weren't very many crabs out and about. But the octopus, eels and lobsters didn't disappoint. Seems all is well in Cozumel.

The road on "the other side" of the island is still closed. May be a while before it is repaired. I did hear that a couple of the larger resort type places on the southern end were still undertaking some repairs from the storm. However one of the divers I dove with was staying at the Cozumel Palace (very swanky place) and he reported that it was in very fine shape. Newly refurbished..

Anyway, the Cozumel photos are up on the site. The underwater photos are in that section for the divers..

Cheers,

Monty
www.montychandler.com

Thanks fr the report. hope all is well when I go back in Dec.

Thanks for the trip report. I checked out your website and thoroughly enjoyed your photos, especially the underwater Cozumel ones, but I have to say, my favorites were the sunsets and the floral. They were all gorgeous! Thank you sharing them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom