• Fiesta Americana

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Villablanca

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Scuba Club Cozumel

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarrett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Wondering what everything thinks the best spots are for day and night shore diving in Cozumel.

Are there better spots than these in Cozumel? Thanks.

Jarrett:
Wondering what everything thinks the best spots are for day and night shore diving in Cozumel.

Are there better spots than these in Cozumel? Thanks.

Paradise Shallows. Enter through the Marina stay to the right for access.
There is also a air filling station there and depending who you dive with you may be able to pickup and drop off tanks there.
Also just south of Chankannab (Free) you will see some mooring bouy's that the snorkel charters use and some old foundation that enters the water. Easy access parking off the road and nice shade tree with old concrete slab to prepare or picnic off of.
Or I should be COZ business correct and say.There is no shore diving on Coz so please book with your favorite Dive Op.And that would be whoever will give me a free dive for a referal.

Either way Enjoy!!

The El cozumeleno is impressive. I went there a year ago and was blown away with how much stuff they had on that short stretch of beach.

First off, the water was crystal clear. They had at least over 15 types of tropical fish, tons of baracudda's, saw several small rays, sea urchins every where. The boat dock keeps tons of marine life in the area. Chankanaab also impressive but I thought the Cozumeleno was better. IMO of course!!!

You didn't mention the junk pile in front of the Barracuda, Called Pico's reef. It's always been a nice dive both day and night.

The Villablanca and Caribe Blu choices are really the same. The best shore diving there is about halfway between the two hotels about 50 yards offshore.

You can swim out to the wall there, too.

About 50ft from the Hotel Barracuda is a man made "trash dump" made up of discarded construction materials.You can also cruise to the the left side and watch the dolfins play in the cage at the Atlantis.I use to just "hang" at their underwater fence and enjoy watching the dolfins.They are very playful and will check you out.Lots of divers do that.Atlantis may not like it but they don't bother you.Night diving is also fun at Pico as you will see the usual suspect like squids,lobsters,some octopus.I stayed at the Barracuda last month for 10 days and enjoyed the shore diving there.No more than 30 ft deep.Entry is real easy with a flight of steps to the "ocean pool".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom