Nitrox cost at Scuba Club Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bertschb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm going back to Scuba Club Cozumel on the 15th. Does anybody know what they charge per tank for Nitrox?

I want to say its either 8 or 10 bucks, but really not needed, unless you want the extra safety measure. All dives are usually limited to to 45-60 minutes. Plus on the boat they give you the full hour for SI before the next dive.

$8/tank + tax. Same price for 32% or 36%.

I usually dive air on the first deep dive and 36% on the second. [An interesting note, if you run the tables, using nitrox on the first dive gives you a greater NDL time - not that that matters much.]

BTW, if your DM is nitrox certified, buy him/her a tank, too.

jlyle:
$8/tank + tax. Same price for 32% or 36%.

I usually dive air on the first deep dive and 36% on the second. [An interesting note, if you run the tables, using nitrox on the first dive gives you a greater NDL time - not that that matters much.]

BTW, if your DM is nitrox certified, buy him/her a tank, too.

We do the same, air on the first deep dive, Nitrox on the second. Didn't think about buying the DM a tank, great idea!

Never thought of it, but that's a great tip!

Why do you guys use air on the first dive (unless it's a dive deeper than 100' or so)? The benefits of Nitrox are realized by reducing nitrogen buildup. The biggest way to reduce that is to start Nitrox on the first dive, not the second (when tissue is already saturated).

Again, if your first dive is 100+' then air makes sense. Less than 100' and I'm confused why you would start with air.

bertschb:
Why do you guys use air on the first dive (unless it's a dive deeper than 100' or so)? The benefits of Nitrox are realized by reducing nitrogen buildup. The biggest way to reduce that is to start Nitrox on the first dive, not the second (when tissue is already saturated).

Again, if your first dive is 100+' then air makes sense. Less than 100' and I'm confused why you would start with air.

The deep dive is first and, although usually only to ~80 feet, there's no bottom on the wall dives. Safety concerns with down currents and being able to go down to rescue someone - knock on wood!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom