Bus from Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tah134

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a bus that goes from Belize to Cozumel? I have heard one exists that is safe but can't find any information on it. Thanks!

tah134:
Does anyone know of a bus that goes from Belize to Cozumel? I have heard one exists that is safe but can't find any information on it. Thanks!

Of course you mean Belize to Playa del Carmen, since Cozumel is an island.... ;^)

Yes, from wherever on the mainland that is closest to Cozumel

I don't think there is any bus that goes straight thru. I think that you take the bus of your choice to the border, cross the border then take the next bus of your choice. Many different layers of busses and prices. I know that from Chetamal to PDC you can get fast and expensive or cheap and slow. Do you want to watch a movie or practice your Spanish ? I'am pretty sure you can do PDC to Belize City in one long day. I was thinking PDC to Carozal or even spending the night in Chetumal. Been planning it for five years. Keep getting hung up on Cozumel. Should be a piece of cake. I think that you would do your best planning at the bus station stairing at the prices, and times.

adios don O

You hop a Batty Bus Lines bus from Belize City or further north to Chetumal then the fast bus north to Playa Del Carmen, takes about 1 day breakfast in Belize City dinner on the square in San Pedro, done it 5-6 times.

nwdiver2:
You hop a Batty Bus Lines bus from Belize City or further north to Chetumal then the fast bus north to Playa Del Carmen, takes about 1 day breakfast in Belize City dinner on the square in San Pedro, done it 5-6 times.
nwdiver2: Checking the travel sites it looks like it's about $150 cheaper for me to fly into Cancun vs. Belize... Can you point me to some links providing more info about the Cancun to Ambergris Caye bus? Does Batty Brothers go the whole way? Do I need to change busses in Chetumal?

Thanks,

Jerry

You must change buses at the border. There are some "crossing issues" and timing is an concern for catching the next bus (otherwise you will have to spend the night in Corozal). Expect a long day and keep a close eye on your gear. You are in for a mild adventure.

You can take the bus to chetumal and if your adventurist you can go to the port and hire a boat to ambergris. Its not that far.

Batty Bus Lines bus from Chetumal to Belize City, fast boat out to Ambergris. If you arrive late in the day stay in Playa Del Carmen, early fast bus to Chetumel, Batty Bus from the bus station to Belize City last Boat out to San Pedro is around 4-5 oclock.

Back
Top Bottom