Moped ride downtown at 6:30pm in Coz video (link)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadobadoo:
http://visitjason.com/wilma/cozride5mb.wmv

We took a quick ride onto the main drag before it got real bad. Things are starting to get rough. Power could be turned off at any time. I'll try to post more video soon...

ohmygod, it's all so familiar. Were those waves breaking over the Aldora pier? Thank you for the video and my heart goes out to all my friends in Cozumel.

Great video! you guys will be getting away from there before the storm surge hits right?

if your next video tomorrow night at the same time looks kind of like this a lot of people will feel very relieved. in the meantime, hang on for the ride and best of luck to all of you.

I'll be praying for Coz tonight! Thanks so much for the video - it makes me realize in circumstances like these how much I really love the place. Its to easy to take it for granted when you're in the DFW area and have been countless times.

Wow, and thanks for posting all the updates and the video. Our plan is..was..maybe is..well who knows...to arrive on Tuesday so we really do appreciate the info. Glad you guys are holding up, are still connected, and more importantly have each other to ride it out with. We hope all is well and stays well! And maybe, just maybe, we'll meet Christi next week....

Please do take care!

Sheryl & Kevin

Things are getting ugly here now. Winds gusting past 75 and higher. We still have power surprisingly but a transformer blew down the road earlier. I read a story about airlines adding xtra flights and it made me laugh. Not only did they not add xtra here in Coz, but they cancelled flights even while others were still leaving from CUN. Oh well. The video update should continue. We Can't ride the moped now, lol, but I can stick my head out the door with my camera in the housing. Rain is very heavy now and we expect power to get cut soon...Later all! Christi is sitting next to me writing emails to customers and family now even at 10:30pm. She is a hard worker. The rest of the gang in crashed on the couch. It has been a very long 24 hrs and will be an even longer 24 more to come!

Jason

Good luck, guys. We will most likely be watching this ugly thing all night. We are coming down next Saturday, Oct. 29 and the dive gear is all packed. You know how it is before you go.....by the time the trip is this close you are SO excited. This time is different knowing what everyone is going through in Cozumel right now. Hopefully everyone will stay safe.

Thanks for the kind thoughts folks. My humor is waining but still alive! LOL! Here is another video that speaks for itself. We still have power but the wind is REALLY picking up. Maybe gusting up to 80+ with the worse to come in maybe another 6-8 hrs. These "updates" are keepimg me laughing and busy. Christi contimues to be a great host! Word of 10+ft waves crashing into the sea wall downtown at 10:30pm. Getting crazy but still not too bad. Enjoy!:lightingz

http://visitjason.com/wilma/cozthursnight5mb.wmv

Back
Top Bottom