This is getting really old, vol. II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There is yet another system getting organized just southeast of Puerto Rico.

Fin59:
Gordon, I hope this is the last chapter in this book!

Yo tam bien.

I've never seen anything like this, and I never want to see it again.

ggunn:
Yo tam bien.

I've never seen anything like this, and I never want to see it again.

As I've said, I heard [ History Channel, the Learning Channel, or Discovery?]we are in the early stages of a 60,000 year weather cycle. They can tell from core smples.
a
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It's now officially TD #25, and they're currently predicting TS Alpha by later this afternoon.

Damselfish:
It's now officially TD #25, and they're currently predicting TS Alpha by later this afternoon.

Wonderful. I'm thinking of moving to Nebraska and never leaving home.

I agree; it is getting old. The current projections for the storm have it going over the Dominican Republic and then moving east. That should leave the Gulf regions and the Yucatan alone. However, the poor people in the Dominican may suffer serious damage.

Ggunn, you're safe in Austin...even if one hits Galveston dead on.

Sorry, by "the storm," I meant the new TD #25 - if it becomes a Hurricane Alpha. Didn't mean to be vague.

lilycat:
Ggunn, you're safe in Austin...even if one hits Galveston dead on.

Not necessarily. At one point, Rita was projected to overrun Austin at Cat 2 strength with 20 inches of rain. I am from southwest Louisiana and somewhat a veteran of this stuff, so I took it seriously, laying in supplies of food, water, batteries, Coleman fuel and the like. Very few people here reacted to it, though; if that prediction would have come true, then things would have really been a mess here.

We are about 180 miles inland here. My sister and her husband fled the New Orleans area in advance of Katrina to a little town in Mississippi even farther inland than Austin is; they were trapped there in a little motel room for three days with no power, no gas, no communication.

Usually, hurricanes are pretty much coastal phenomena, with most or all the damage confined to a relatively small area near the water, but these huge Cat 4 and 5 storms are something else again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom