Other Yucatan areas....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divedoggie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Can you imagine what is happening to Isla Mujeres? I think that is where they take the ferry boats for "safe" harbor during hurricanes. It been on the right side of the storm the entire time! It will continue to be, as Wilma moves east later today and into the night.

Also, the storm made landfall between Playa del Carmen and Puerto Morelos. I can't imagine that there will be much of Puerto Morelos left.

Martha:
It's heartbreaking, to say the least. I really wish we'd hear something from Christi to know that they're OK.

I hope that she is finally getting some sleep. It's not over yet, but at least the eye has cleared the northern tip of the Yucatan and is picking up speed and going away. Conditions on Cozumel have likely calmed down to merely tropical storm levels; it won't be long now until we start hearing the straight skinny on how bad it was and is.

Back
Top Bottom