How to help "your" dive op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richhagelin

Contributor
Reaction score
To help out the dive ops that I use in Coz, I am sending each one an advance payment on my next dive trip (whenever that may be). In addition to the contribution to cozumelrelief.com, of course.

That way, they have the $ to make it through this rough period and keep their employees paid.

Just an idea.

Rich Hagelin

Great idea! Hmm... :D

I just wanted to bump this back up to the top... with only 120 views it just isn't getting the attention it deserves.

Rich has an excellent idea here. If you are planning on going down in the next few months why not send a deposit down now. I did... now most, if not all, of my diving is paid for in advance. All I have to worry about is Hotel & Airfare for my next trip.

Make a definite commitment, don't cancel next month and expect your deposit back. That will be tough on them too.

it doesn't have to be an extravagant amount of money - $50, $100 or $200 will help them through the tough times they will have in the next 2 months.

I have just received a call from a great Coz friend who has made his way to his sisters
in Playa del Carmen.
Moses was very distraught at maybe no work for several months.
Wife and two Children
I am sending him money VIA Western Union on Cozumel.

Jeff,

Thanks for bumping it back up and thanks for participating. I have sent my advance payment to my 2 dive ops and they were VERY thankful.

Rich Hagelin

PS I'm going down in May, any chance you will be down there then also?

richhagelin:
I'm going down in May, any chance you will be down there then also?
I don't have any plans set in stone... Mia and I are lucky, we can decide to go at the last minute which is what we will probably end up doing.

May is a great time to be there though :14:

If I recall, that's when we met you and your wife... 2 years ago.

Check out the post by oudivegirl re: Volunteer reef clean up posted on
10-30-2005 10:57 AM

I found it under 'subforum', appears at the top of main Cozumel index page.

Here's a bump for this one, which is an excellent idea. Buy a trip in advance, and help some people who really need it. I already did so, and encourage others to do the same. If you speak with your dive op, just tell them this is what you want to do - you don't even have to have exact dates - they reallly need the help!

Peace!
James

Hi gang,

We've been diving with Roberta and Scuba Shak/Blue Bubble for years. We're basically sending her some money for a "future" dive trip. We'll probably go down in August or so.

This is an excellent way to help your dive operator. Pitch in as much as you can to help them out!

-Charles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom