Official Statement from Blue XT~Sea Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
We survived Wilma!

Thanks to everyone who sent prayers and words of encouragement our way as we endured this monster hurricane. It has been a rough year for everyone on the island with Emily and Wilma, but we are all determined to move forward. No hurricane will stop us from doing what we love and sharing that with those of you who make our livelihoods possible.

The entire crew of Blue XT~Sea has been accounted for and we have all been working tirelessly to get things put back together so that we can be operational as soon as possible.

Shamu sustained minor damage in the grand scheme of things, and all is repairable. Shamu will be taking divers out again beginning November 18, 2005. It is possible that we will resume operations on November 14, 2005 so stay tuned!

There are some dings and minor fiberglass repairs to be made, and we will have to replace the frame for the canopy. While the fiberglass repairs will be made immediately, the canopy and paint job may be several months out until cash reserves can be built back up to make these repairs. In the meantime, bring your biodegradable sunscreen and we’ll provide the hospitality, diving, towels, jackets, water, juice, snacks, and Mago's “halftime entertainment” for you as always :) The crew and I will be ready for you and we would love nothing more than to take you diving!!!

I realize your vacations are very important to you. I am beginning to work through e-mails and reservations and will be in touch with everyone who has standing reservations and deposits with us. As mentioned above, we will be operating again beginning November 18, 2005, so all reservations after that date are secured. Some hotels will be closed for the next month to several months, but I will assist in any way possible to get you rebooked into a condo, villa, or alternative hotel.

Hotel Status (that I am aware of):​

Caribe Blu: Reopening date unknown. The damages are still being assessed and we just need to give them time before we commit them to a reopening date at this point. Much of this will be determined by how fast electricity and supplies are available. Patience is appreciated.

Casa Mexicana: Closed until December 15, 2005 (possibly earlier)

Suites Bahia: Closed until December 15, 2005 (possibly earlier)

Suites Colonial: Closed through December 15, 2005 (possibly earlier)

Vista del Mar: No confirmation on damages or reopening date at this point

Hacienda San Miguel: No confirmation on damages or reopening date at this point

Hotel Cozumel: Will reopen as soon as electricity is restored

Fiesta Americana: December 15, 2005

Presidente: January 31, 2006

There is an excellent website with a list that continuously updates with hotel status and damage reports here: http://www.travelnotes.cc/cozumel/links/hurricane.php

Once again, your patience is very much appreciated during this time of putting the pieces back together. Holding off on cancelling upcoming trips and allowing us all time to work through the e-mails, reservations, etc. is one of the valuable ways you can help right now. Please understand that this may take several days as I (and numerous others) have been without reliable means of communications for over a week now (many still are) and have been inundated with e-mails, phone calls, and private messages. I came to Houston (temporarily) for this very purpose, so that I CAN communicate and keep the business running, even if it is remotely.

Thank you again for your prayers, support and encouragement before, during and after Wilma!

We'll see you on the boat!

Viva Cozumel!

Sincerest regards,
Christi Courtney
Blue XT~Sea Diving

Glad to hear you are ok and speaking as a seasoned Hurricane survivor,Charleston, SC, I can tell you that your town will come back better and stronger than ever. Now might not be a good time to ask but I can't help myself. I will be arriving in Cozumel via a Royal Carribean Cruise lines. I know the cruise line offers a dive package but I might like try something else this time. Do you ever have folks from the ships dive with your center? I think we arrive around 7:30 am.

Christi we're very glad that you and yours came through OK.

To add to you list of hotel status:
Occidental just posted on their site that the Allegro
and Grand will not open until Dec 20th.

Here is the link to their statement

Peggy and I (Joe) are supposed to be there on 12/3, If you can help
us find a place to stay we would like to keep our reservations with you.
I'll discuss it with you when you get to us.

Hello divers,

My wife and I just returned from Cozumel yesterday morning and we’re safe and sound. Although we only made two shore dives while in Cozumel, we made new lifelong friends and dive buddies with Jason ( Scubadobadoo ), Becky and Christi, the owner of Blue X-T Sea Diving.

We have so much to be grateful for and wish to extend our heartfelt thanks to our new friends Jason and Becky for asking Christi if she would be willing to take us in during the hurricane and to Christi, who so willingly shared her home with us.

We were with Jason and Becky at the airport trying to leave before Wilma arrived. Unfortunately the flight was cancelled and we had nowhere to go. Jason asked Christi if my wife and I could join them at Christi’s home. Christi had never met us before and she graciously took us all in and shared her water and food with us for the next eight days.

We all like to think we are generous and compassionate people but Christi has set an example that will be hard to match.

I hope you will all keep her in your prayers and wish her well as she puts things back together after the second devastating hurricane this year. She is truly a wonderful lady and we are very grateful for her coming to our rescue.

Forever Grateful,

Bob & Noelle

Christi can't be thanked enough. Jane and I, after diving with Blue X-T Sea before Wilma, and unable to get a flight out before the storm, found ourselves guests of the incredible staff at the Melia. Safe, secure, fed and watered, we all weathered the storm.
Finally, securing a flight out Thursday, we were greeted at the airport by Christi in tears... apologizing for something totally out of her control. Joy that we were all OK, and meeting her very appreciative house guests during Wilma.
As I've told so many friends and family, we got to go home. The people of Cozumel are left to put their lives back together- with only the promise of tourist dollars returning anytime soon.
Let's live up to that promise.
Thanks so much Christi and her wonderful staff. We'll be back soon.
Craig & Jane Kennedy
ABQ, NM

Dear Christie,

I am so glad that you are safe and Blue XT is soon to be operational again. In following the messages, it is so very clear you are one very special person. As I said in my last email to you just before Wilma hit, the "discussion" re. site locations was trivial compared to the threat Wilma posed. Even so, I did not expect it to be so devastating. I have my tickets to Cozumel Jan. 21 thru 28, and hopefully will be able to drop in and say "hi." Take care.

Jim

Hello Christi,
I am so glad that you, your crew and Shamu are OK. And I'm relieved to hear you will remain in business! I'll contact you down the road about plans for my next dive trip with you which I anticipate will be after the first of the year. Take care.
Gary

Hey Christi,
Can you email me about our reservations? We just found out that Coral Princess is not going to be open until 1/1. We were planning on coming in 12/30.... :(

tried to send you an email on your site but it says it's underconstruction. :wink:

Good to hear you and everyone in your crew came out unscathed.
I hopefully look forward to meeting you in March!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom