Any Word on Iberostar Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skinfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I wanted to find out what happened with the Iberostar in Cozumel. I know they were still repairing after Hurricane Emily and I'm sure they got hit hard again.

Any updates would be appreciated because there is not any info on their website.

Thanks,

Doug

Doug,
Looks like the date is Dec. 2005, although discussion on another board from someone who called Iberostar directly, said May 2006.
Basically, I don't think that the hotel people are finished assessing damage and estimating repair. Imagine in addition to construction materials, how many mattresses will need to be shipped in to replace the water logged ones.
Here is a link to a hotel list.
http://www.travelnotes.cc/cozumel/links/hurricane.php

Thanks for the update & links. My wife and I were there in 2004 & were thinking of going back there in spring of 2006 but that does not look to be a very good plan now, at least for the Iberostar.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom