Holly & Armando Alentado / Island Photo of Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Photocoz

Contributor
Reaction score
HI Friends!
Yes, this time it is really me writing the post!!!! Thank you Sandy for keeping so many of our friends updated on us. I am downtown at an internet cafe sending this to you!

We are fine, the doggies are fine, the house is fine and our store is fine!!!!! Thank you lord!!!! We are not currently open while waiting to get electricity & running water at the store (actually it would be nice to have it at the house too, but not yet!!!)We are hoping by around the 15th of November to be able to open, but will most likely only open from 4 - 7PM Monday through Saturday until things are truly back to normal- so anything you need, come by & see us in the afternoon (even rentals for the next day will be put out the evening before).

We have almost 2000 e-mails to answer, so please be patient with us! But thank you all so much that sent prayers and well wishes.

What all of you need to know is this - Everyday I cry tears of joy & pride at this community - you cannot begin to imagine the capabilities of these people. First of all the amount of cleaning & restoration that has been accomplished already is simply remarkable! And everywhere you look you see groups of locals digging in & making this island new! Cozumel was hit very hard, I would never lie & say it was not, and the first few days felt overwhelming, but everyday I see so much accomplishment that I have no doubt in my mind that this will be the fastest & most amazing hurricane recovery ever!!!! The pride of this island is everywhere you look, and when all of you that love Cozumel so much come down, you will feel it too!

Many, many thanks and heartfelt hugs!!!!
Holly & Armando

So nice to hear directly from your very own fingertips!!!! The news that recovery efforts are coming along so well is very heart warming. It almost seems things are going smoother there then they are in Southern Florida, I talked to a friend in West Palm Beach and he said some of them may not have electricity until Nov. 22!!!! and I know things are much worse on Coz than they are in Florida.

Saving pennies to come down and see you!!!
God Bless,
Marc

Back
Top Bottom