Sol Cabañas del Caribe??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I feel like a fumbly amateur with our SB search function sometimes. Cannot find anything on this place, but it looks interesting...?

Anyone stayed there? Any comments?

My daughter wants me to plan a visit July 4-8, for 3 adults, 2 kiddos - everyone but me non-divers. I'm just starting to look, but this place caught my eye. :biggrinba

DandyDon:
I feel like a fumbly amateur with our SB search function sometimes. Cannot find anything on this place, but it looks interesting...?

Anyone stayed there? Any comments?

My daughter wants me to plan a visit July 4-8, for 3 adults, 2 kiddos - everyone but me non-divers. I'm just starting to look, but this place caught my eye. :biggrinba

I stayed there once about 25 years ago. It was nice. Not plush, but nice.

It's in the north hotel zone, which will be somewhat logistically problematic for diving.

It's fun to sit at a seaside table in the morning and throw stale bread to the sergeant majors, if that restaurant is still there, that is. It's a great sunset spot, too.

It is one of the highest rated hotels on Tripadvisor.com, but from what I have seen on the net, they took a beating from Wilma and are closed for a long while...

Can anyone local verify their re-open date?

Oooops... :dork: Location, location, location. It is too far north.

And the reopening is "pending." Okay, thanks. :blush:

Okay, spoke with my daughter more about her family's wishes, and - I suppose the Allegro would fill the plan well enough. I'd rather stay in town, but she wants all inclusive simpliciaty, and I had an okay experience there once before. I have also stayed at the Reef Club, but would never do so again.

I also would not fly any of the charer airlines out of Dallas, but will instead be shopping Continental out of Lubbock, so - anyone know where one can get the best deal on Allegro packages without air...?

I would stay at a closer AI than the Allegro, if it were me. The El Coz is a great hotel and close to town. $4-5 taxi ride vs $20.....

:)

I was interested in the Sol Cabanas as well. But orbitz doesn't even have them listed anymore.

I think it's going to be Hotel Cozumel or fiesta americana for me

Sidestep lists them. They linked me to Hotels.com. Did you try their home site? http://www.cozumel-hotels.net/sol_cabanas/

But the location killed it for me, north of town. You'd need a taxi for any diver operator or anything else. Cute hotel that it may well be, location is bad.

Hmmmm have you considered renting a car/jeep for the duration of your stay? That would eliminate the taxi concern/cost? We always rent and it makes it sooo much nicer to go wherever you want whenevr you want. :)

Brules:
Hmmmm have you considered renting a car/jeep for the duration of your stay? That would eliminate the taxi concern/cost? We always rent and it makes it sooo much nicer to go wherever you want whenevr you want. :)
Do you now? I have rented a wreck there once for a tour of the south end, but thought that rentals of serveral days were too pricey. Do you have a favorite provider there...? :biggrinba

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom