Digital photo downloads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrecktreker

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Will be coming to Coz 11/26, I am wondering if there is anyplace to download my camera and burn it to CD instead of having to bring a laptop along with me? I will be staying at Scuba Club Cozumel.

Thanks

The Crew Shop on Av 5 and other internet shops have computers. I don't know, but some must be set up for card readers. Good question.
I take a laptop not just to download, but mainly to PS the pics while relaxing with a favorite beverage.

Get yerself an Apacer "Disk Steno".

Self-contained burner. Plug your memory card into it, slide in a blank CD and you're there.

One of the best investments I've made since I went digital. If you'd like to spend a little more, Epson's coming out with an awesome HD-based photo-wallet thing too, but it's an extra few $$.

wrecktreker:
Will be coming to Coz 11/26, I am wondering if there is anyplace to download my camera and burn it to CD instead of having to bring a laptop along with me? I will be staying at Scuba Club Cozumel.

Thanks

Sure, there are lots of places to do that. I have had it done at the photo shop next to the calling station, and I'll bet that Holly over at Island Photo can take care of it for you as well. When I had it done at that photo shop, I got them to stick the CD in their computer and bring up the photos from it for me to see before I wiped the card. A little paranoia can be a good thing.

Anyway, it won't be a problem.

wrecktreker:

Thanks

Assuming you give a rip about the images!

Media is not 100% reliable. While this maybe a bit over the top, I always burn two copies of a card before wiping it.

Another option is to have a copy on the PC, and burn one as well but as you say you are trying to avoid a laptop, then....

I'd also CALL and confirm that you can get people to burn CD's for you. Based on the replies, it sure seems like a no problem situation, however, COZ just got hit by a very nasty storm, and I'd make sure that the services you plan on using are available.

Have Fun!

RonFrank:
I'd also CALL and confirm that you can get people to burn CD's for you. Based on the replies, it sure seems like a no problem situation, however, COZ just got hit by a very nasty storm, and I'd make sure that the services you plan on using are available.

Have Fun!

Email Holly at Island Photo (photocozumel@ecozumel.net). Tell her Gordon sent you.

ggunn:
Sure, there are lots of places to do that. I have had it done at the photo shop next to the calling station, and I'll bet that Holly over at Island Photo can take care of it for you as well. When I had it done at that photo shop, I got them to stick the CD in their computer and bring up the photos from it for me to see before I wiped the card. A little paranoia can be a good thing.

Anyway, it won't be a problem.

Just remember: just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they AREN'T out to get you.

;-)

Rich Hagelin

5615mike:
Go to Holly and Armandos Place next to the La Ceiba Hotel. Called Island Photo
http://www.islacozumel.net/services/armando/
They are great folks. Holly will download and burn your disc.

Ditto, go see Holly and Armando! along with downloading your images to a CD for you as professional photographers they can offer tips to help improve your work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom